Excessive battery consumption

Hi.

I have just purchased the 5 plus series and I would like to know if the consumption that in my opinion seems excessive, could be due to fw 7.60 or with normal use, I could have a loss of 10% / 15% a day, with a use of gps that does not exceed 2 hours.
Thank you

• There are three models of F5+, with three different battery sizes. As far as I know, all three have exactly the same power consumption.

So it seems obvious that we can't compare our battery usage in %/day or %/hour without also mentioning, which of the 3 watches we own.

Yet everyone are doing exactly that!

• I have an F5 + 47mm, and I come from a normal F5. What seems to me is that although there has been an improvement in the product in many respects I expected, beyond the technical indications of the product, a consumption in line with the F5. Instead I notice a consumption of 10% more than before.
    In 24h with 2 hours of gps and normal use as a smartwatch I have a loss of almost 20%, if not more.
    I hope it is a fw problem, otherwise if there were no maps it was much better the 5 from this point of view that I forgot to recharge it from how little it consumed.

• You should expect shorter battery life with your F5. Official Garmin numbers (all of them are "up to...":

Smartwatch mode with activity tracking and 24/7 wrist-based heart rate monitoring:
    F5: 14 days
    F5+: 12 days

GPS mode with wrist-based heart rate:
    F5: 24 hours
    F5+: 19 hours

UltraTrac GPS mode with gyro-based dead reckoning:

F5: 75 hours
    F5+: 42 hours

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix5/EN-US/GUID-694C4E14-D875-479F-AFB1-2A6A582FF506.html

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix5plus/EN-US/GUID-694C4E14-D875-479F-AFB1-2A6A582FF506.html

• yes, I knew it!! I expected only a slightly lower consumption .... I have the f5 + from Tuesday evening and at the moment I'm at 40% of battery .... frankly I was expecting a slightly lower consumption .....

• I have a even bigger problem. I have Fenix 5 plus and the consumption is about 3% per hour for ordinary use (no GPS). 

My problem is that  I have bought it from ebay and do not have warranty. 

Do you know what can be the problem for this issue? it is a faulty battery or faulty mother board?

Do I have any option to repair it?

Thanks

• I have a new 5 Plus, and my gut feeling is about 20-25% battery usage daily, with about 1 - 1.5hr GPS+GLONASS usage.  I had an Vivoactive HR before, which lasted about 1 week between charges.  I see lots of references to fairly significant changes to battery consulting starting with firmware 7.10

• I have the F5+ S. And on average battery consumption is 1.6%/hr according to MyBattery widget.
    Specs for 5s+ are up to 7 days smartwatch mode and 11u with gps. 

Was 100% full Saturday night.
    And since then (3 days) it's on 13% I did 2 half hour bike rides GPS plus OHR no music (commute to work and home) and 2 runs of 45 minutes workouts from a trainingplan so with vibrations etc. during run with GPS+GLONASS and OHR or HR cheststrap.

24/7 OHR enabled sleeptracking, steps etc. and 30% light at gesture after sunrise. DND between 22.30-7.30 and only Whatsapp, call and text notifications on watch with a custom watch face. 
    I guess 2.5 hours GPS is 20-25% and using OHR etc. will cause the watch to drain battery quicker than the 7 days, let's say will half the time? I think 3 days with a few hours of GPS+OHR is what we can expect from the 5+s?

• There's perennial and never completely solved issue with post-activity battery drain. Simply, if you do some activity then your battery will continue draining for a while after that activity is stopped. It's been much worse when the watch was released, but even now it still exists, and the bottom line here is that activities will result in more battery drain than you'd expect just from the activity duration. So 3 days with couple activities is not two far out of ordinary. 

• I have to inform the same issue with Fenix 5 Plus, on FW 6.90 i had excellent battery life, and when i updated to 7.10 it all started to drain fast. On 7.60 FW i lost 65% without ANY activity for 1 and half day, even bluetooth was off and battery drained. I uninstalled watch face that i had and it still drains fast. Garmin fix battery consumption issues on next firmware!

• The first couple if weeks on 760 battery life was good but since a week it's draining again. Nothing changed, no new apps or widgets...