Garmin Pay - Revolut

It now says that Revolut MasterCard is accepted on Garmin Pay in the UK. I have just opened an account and tried to add it but the connect app says the bank is not participating!

Which is it Garmin??
  • I agree. I only opened a Revolut account because it states on Garmins page that it is now supported in the UK. Still getting 'bank not participating' message over 5 weeks later.

They should really not have it on the list if it does not work for all.
  • Can you guys help me with this question:
    There are certain countries where when you pay with a contactless card and the payment is above a certain limit the terminal asks for the card's PIN.

If I register a real Revolut credit card with Garmin Pay, do I have to enter this real card's PIN code in this case? Will it work? (Note: I'm not talking about the pin you enter on the watch when you want to start the payment process)

What if I register a virtual card with Garmin Pay, which has no PIN? How would that work when paying?

Thanks!

It is dependent from Issuer (Bank) and wallet service provider (Garmin) implementation on the specific market.
    Usually issuers will select not to ask for card's PIN, because you are already authenticated with passcode entered in Garmin device before every txn, however there might be exceptions per countries, where the approach is different and wallet does not support on device authentication, which means card PIN must be used for High Value payments.

When you adding your card details to the wallet fo rthe first time, bank is challenging you with the authentication method, just to confirm that you (cardholder) are adding this to the wallet. Once authenticated (through SMS passcode or agent on the call) you setup on -device passcode, that is used for every txn with the Garmin Pay. No need to challenge txns with card PIN, because you have setup your on-device PIN to do the same for your device and issuer should trust this passcode, exactly like they trust card PIN when you enter on the terminal..
  • Yeah, this is an epic fail Garmin. Also a UK customer with a Revolut Mastercard - apparently it's BETA - so why are Garmin pushing them>>>
  • AJRykala I sent you a PM about this, I look forward to hearing back from you.
  • Yeah, this is an epic fail Garmin. Also a UK customer with a Revolut Mastercard - apparently it's BETA - so why are Garmin pushing them>>>

Totally agree. I only opened a Revolut account because it stated it was accepted in the UK on the Garmin page.

Google Pay has been on beta with Revolut for around a year now so don't hold your breath for a quick fix here. Ironically, Google Pay does work with my Revolut card but Garmin Pay does not...

• Replied to your PM - sorry, missed it due to Bank Holiday!
  • I agree. Epic fail by Garmin!!
    I wish I'd seen this thread before signing up for a card that does not work!
    Seriously Garmin, if it's not supported, then please remove it for your supported list.
  • In all fairness to Garmin, I think this is Revolut's doing - they're very tightlipped and won't give me any details on implementation date whatsoever so I get the feeling we need to all complain to Garmin to get them to investigate. I think Garmin have been a victim here
  • The issue with Revolut is that the support via chat is useless. I get different answers every time. One said it should work fine - I said 'are you sure it's not in beta?' - he said 'yes it is in beta and we do not know how long for'... Frustrating.

Like I say - Revolut have had Google Pay in beta since July last year and some people still cannot access it. Let's hope Garmin Pay is a bit quicker but I have been trying my card for 2 months now!
  • @Garmin-Heath is anything getting done about this or is it just getting forgotten about? It's over 3 months since Garmin say that Revolut works in the UK and it still does not.