Brown Leather Band: Experiences

I have bought the F5X+ with the brown leather band and I want to get peoples experiences.

Can you swim with it?
Can you train with it?
Does it get smelly?
Is it comfortable?
How is the wear?
Do you use it just for show and then swap it for anything adventurous?

I'm just wondering how good it is.
  • I have bought the F5X+ with the brown leather band and I want to get peoples experiences.

Can you swim with it?
    Can you train with it?
    Does it get smelly?
    Is it comfortable?
    How is the wear?
    Do you use it just for show and then swap it for anything adventurous?

I'm just wondering how good it is.

Can you swim with it? -> No
    Can you train with it? -> Yes, in the Gym**
    Does it get smelly? -> No**
    Is it comfortable? -> Yes
    How is the wear? -> I could not recognize anyone yet
    Do you use it just for show and then swap it for anything adventurous? -> No, you can use it very well for hiking

**For activities with a lot of sweat, I use the original silicone, (bicycle, indoor bike, run ....)
  • Can you swim with it? -> No
    Can you train with it? -> Yes, in the Gym**
    Does it get smelly? -> No**
    Is it comfortable? -> Yes
    How is the wear? -> I could not recognize anyone yet
    Do you use it just for show and then swap it for anything adventurous? -> No, you can use it very well for hiking

**For activities with a lot of sweat, I use the original silicone, (bicycle, indoor bike, run ....)

Totally agree with you.
    I can add after one year of experience that the holes are more spaced than on silicon.
    The brown color is really not beautiful in my point of view. I hope for a black one now.
    It is really thick and really pleasant to wear.
    Swimming of forgetting in the shower create marks of water in it but that's all.
  • Totally agree with you.
    I can add after one year of experience that the holes are more spaced than on silicon.
    The brown color is really not beautiful in my point of view. I hope for a black one now.
    Swimming of forgetting in the shower create marks of water in it but that's all.

I agree to everything
  • I don't use the leather band, just because of all the sweat while working out. Just wanted to pass along another perspective I do not like the silicone rubber band that comes with the watch either, as it gets too sweaty. I honestly prefer the black nylon two piece NATO style band. Fits perfect, dries quickly, looks dressy enough for all occasions (or at least the ones I have :))
  • I don't use the leather band, just because of all the sweat while working out. Just wanted to pass along another perspective I do not like the silicone rubber band that comes with the watch either, as it gets too sweaty. I honestly prefer the black nylon two piece NATO style band. Fits perfect, dries quickly, looks dressy enough for all occasions (or at least the ones I have :))

Can you recommend any nylon straps? Do they fit with the 22 quick fit system? Thanks
  • Totally agree with you.

I forgot to remove my watch while showering with the result that the strap was splitting along the side. It is two flat straps glued together and that glue does not like water.
    Had to replace the glue and put the strap in press over the night. Now its ok again, and I will probably not forget to remove the watch again.
    For me the leather strap is only used in "dressmode", not while working out or other sweaty activities.
  • Oh, one more thing, they come pretty long for larger wrists. I found someone else on the forum suggested a really neat way to trim it and still look "factory". Take two coins that are about the same width as the band, and clamp them together at the length you want, and use a razor to cut it off using the coins as a guide. Before unclamping the coins, use a flame to burn the edges, then remove. Looks like it came that way.