My cruel Enduro is brutally aggressive in juicing battery

After so many desperate posts about problems this time a mere curiosity showing that my Enduro is really endurant. ;-)

• I am sorry you have the issue. Based on what I can see, maybe you recently bought your watch? if so, it is under warranty.

Please try a full reset of your watch back to defaults and test your battery drain again. If the issue continues, please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region to exchange your watch.

• My point was not the incredible speed/rate of the drain although that was the original thing to be tested. My point was simply the negative battery level.

I bought my Enduro appr. 4 months ago and  first two months it needed appr. 2%/day if I did not record activities and used battery saver for 8 hours per day.

This gradually went up to appr. 4-5%/day, the degradation was too fast, so my idea was to let battery level drop below to 20% which I had not ever let.

The purpose of my test was to be sure that Enduro’s battery  was properly calibrated. Using full brightness with no timeout I could easily reach 0.1% when the display was still as bright as a Christmas tree.  After getting the critical battery level message I waited for the auto shutdown which came a bit  suspiciously late, but within 15 minutes.

5 minutes after plugging my Enduro on a charger I checked the battery level, which was minus 1%.

I will see whether this drill helped and my Enduro will get back to the 2%/day or not.

• One day was not enough to test smartwatch mode, but I had long walk/hike today, which took 9 hours. Using only GPS, BT was on since my phone was with me, HR came from F6X via “broadcast during activities”, and it consumed 15% or so, so appr. 1.7%/h.

A bug happened, and it was the reason of using HR via F6X: after anhour or so Enduro disconnected both from Garmin HRM-3 and a Suunto footpod (both are only ANT+) and was not able to re-connect as if its ANT+ hardware had been switched off.

It was the 2nd time in 4 months and I have not the slightest clue what triggered it this time or at the other time. It is not hardware related error, because I could not connect none of the sensors at the end of my walk, I made a stop&save, then 2 minutes later I opened the same sports app again and voila both sensors were connected. So it seems for some reason the Ant+ hardware was busy.

• From the 3 whole days the were 2 when the daily smartwatch consumption was 2%, a walk of 60 minutes tool 2%, but on the 3rd day the watch in smartwatch mode consumed 4%.

So the situation is much better after the enforced full discharge.

The day with extra discharge may have been the consequence of inaccurate battery level reporting, so 2%, 2%, 4% should read as 8/3% per day.  

Or it comes from the fact that during this 3rd day my phone was not in my pocket, but sometimes within 2 meters, sometimes a bit away like 10 meters away. I mean multiple connects and disconnects between the phone and the watch may have a substantial impact on battery discharge.

• Just a follow-up: the battery consumption of my Enduro is still OK. Thus now I dare propose the enforced full discharge for those who cannot solve their battery drain problems with more “peaceful” options.