Noisy signal altimeter, overestimation elevation

Hello everyone,

Owner of an Enduro (Fénix 6 Base) software 26.00, I have noticed an overestimation of the elevation.

Looking at the altimeter profile on Connect (not visible on other applications such as Strava which tends to smooth the visual), I notice a “noisy” signal from the altimeter. It doesn't seem like much but these interferences of 1-3 m cumulative on 25 km give me a difference of 1200 mD+ instead of 995 mD+ which is usually very repeatable at +/- 5mD+. The altitude is correct, it’s this accumulation of interference which tends to distort the elevation.

In Image, we can observe the degradation of the signal by comparing the same profile between March and September. The trace is now much less "clean".

Mars 2023

September 2023

The watch is systematically whashed with clean water. No difference in setting compared to usual. This is a reconditioned watch sent by Garmin following an SAV return in August 2022.

• I've also had the same problem in my last race, measuring double the accumulated meters compared to other races on the same route.

I usually have this problem on specific sections of the route, which makes me think that it may be caused by the sensitivity of the barometer to the wind.

Enduro, software 26.00

• Finally in my case, the problem was the sweat that penetrates the sensor through the holes, I solved it by using a band to stop the sweat. In other cases the wind can also ruin the altimetry.

If that doesn't solve it, something is broken.

There is no more mystery.