Mk1 issue, message (Do not dive. Failed to read depth sensor)

Mk1 issue, message appers (Do not dive. Failed to read depth sensor)!!

Computer is not working normally and altimeter and compas not working also!

What is the problem and how can it be fixed urgently??

Top Replies

All Replies

• Please see my other forum post response to you too. You will definitely need to reach out to Product Support. Your watch will need to be exchanged.

Given where in the world you live based on what I can see, our Europe region headquarters Product Support team will need to support you. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support.

• Hi Chris,

I received your answers, but unfortunately I am not sure what should be done now. Does it need an exchange or a software update.

Also please be noted that i live in Egypt, so I don't know where is the nearest service center I should send it to and what is the process!

Adding to the above, if you can explain what does exchange mean or require? And if there is fee for this exchange or not? I was lucky that I had a backup computer during my dive as the device failed under water which was a shocking thing !

Awaiting your response, 

Regards,

Hossam Sharaf

• Does it need an exchange or a software update.

It will need to be exchanged due to hardware failure. Due to where you live, the contact information I gave you is for our Europe headquarters. You will need to reach out to them to request an exchange. They will go over the process with you along with any costs if they are required based on when you bought your watch and the warranty period provided. (The warranty timeline can be different based on the country so I need to defer you to them to receive accurate information on any costs.) My sincere apologies your watch is no longer working properly.

• Hi Chris,

Can you please send me clearly where to send it? as i didnt get exactly where to go. I can send it with a friend to the Netherlands. Is there is a service center there or else please clarify where should I be sending it as I won't be able to travel soon.

Awaiting your reply ASAP

• If you can send your watch somewhere where we have an official Garmin Product Support team such as the Netherlands, it is an option. Otherwise, you should be directly contacting our London, UK Product Support since they are our HQ for both Europe and the Middle East. They will handle all watch exchanges for those living in countries with no means of exchanging the watch through Garmin official or through authorized vendors.

- Netherlands Product Support

- UK Product Support