Mk1 decent broken

our watches are 100% broke and can not be used to dive. After this last update they are unusable. Mine will not turn on his can’t read altitude. We spoke to garmin did everything they can’t be fixed. Anyone else have this problem? I believe it’s the update they just did both watches were working perfectly until we updated. Nov.1.23. They are like brand new we only use them when we are scuba diving. Very well taken care of and garmin is offering 30% off their new watch. I find this offer a slap in the face. And they want the old watch back that they say they can’t fix. I paid for the watch even if I took the 30% off I’m not giving my broken watch back it’s the point. I’m dealing with the worst customer service ever!! Clearly their new software broke both watches when we plugged them in and updated everything. They both broke right after that!! 

• I am sorry you have issues. The update you are referring to was released over a year ago on July 5th, 2022. There are not Descent MK1 threads popping up with repeated/reported major issues or that history would be clearly seen in our forums. We do not delete our threads.

Researching your specific watch, you are running v6.10 software which is quite old and is not the last official update that was released. It is impossible to say what could have happened with your watch since there was no updates sent out in 2023. The last update was v16.00.

The software is definitely not broken but that does not change your own personal experience. My sincere apologies you have had the issues.

• I actually do know for a fact that it was the update. We only use these watches when we dive. So they sit in their box dead till we dive. It works fine then it try’s updating can’t read depth say do not dive says failure to complete update the watch will go back to fine then it automatically try’s installing update and the whole thing is broken. It’s the software or update whatever you call it. Just so you know you had to replace my first one 1 month after I had it because of the exact same issue software not loading and breaking dept reader. It’s good to know your watches don’t really last. We have used them a total of 6 months worth of time. Does that seem acceptable to you? I loved my watch it’s better then any other dive computer but I can’t afford 1,800.00 every 2 year 

• depth say do not dive

Is a hardware issue vs. software. I am sorry your watch developed the issue.

• It’s funny because I’m now seeing a lot of people talking about the latest update and how it stop their watches from working. Your software broke the watch. Unless you’re saying your watches only last 6 months? That’s all they have been used. The software kept not wanting to install and then the watch would work after it said update failed everything went back to working then it pushed the update and everything broke again. So please explain that if it’s hardware. I just am super disappointed that you don’t stand behind your product. 

• The last Descent Mk1 series update was well over a year ago. I am really sorry you have an issue but there is not a pattern of Descent MK1 series with your issue.

• Yes you are correct it was a year ago. We only use the watches when we dive they sit in their box with a dead battery. So once we turned them on and connected to the app for the update they broke. They have a total use of 10 weeks. I also had no idea I could not use it as my primary dive computer they are only to be used as a backup.