I think garmin should make a new updade for MK1

since it shows few bugs in elevation and sometimes in maps i think garmin should make a new update 

It's been almost 9 months since the last one 

It's time for a new one

• I had the same issue with mine. I called support and they exchanged it with a refurbished one

• 1) i tried to send many emails to garmin but no one replied if you can pm the hotline i will be very happy 

I don't know what country you are i so I can't tell you the appropriate number.  Go to https://support.garmin.com/ select your country and you will be able to determine the support phone number.

2) the shearwater and teric ( mini shearwater ) are mentioning the safety stop in default mode .

what i don’t understand on the “garmin system “ is when you mentionned to have extra safety stop “on” with 3 or 5 min why is it not showing .

It’s not about must doing it or not it’s just the computer should follow what we are validating on the option menu. 

I think the safety stop if on should me mentioned .

The Garmin also does a safety stop in default mode.  I have mine set to 5 minutes and it always prompts me to do a safety stop if I don't exceed NDL (no decompression limit).  Even if I exceed the NDL but clear it before I get to 5 metres it prompts me to do a 5 minute safety stop.

If I exceed the NDL and it doesn't clear before I get to 5 metres, it will prompt me to a deco stop.  A deco stop always takes priority over a safety stop.  

A safety stop is simply a nice to have when doing recreational diving - that is, no decompression diving.  If you are doing decompression diving, you do one or more deco stops INSTEAD of the safety stop.

If you go into deco, does your Teric prompt for both deco stops and a safety stop or just the deco stops?  As I said before, I'm pretty sure my Perdix does not.

• I have no problems with the Descent's dive firmware, but I wisn Garmin would upgrade the Descent's ability to use DEM mapping for accurate elevation readings. Decent accuracy in heart beat monitoring with the built in sensor would also be welcome.

• The new update v10.10 is out. See the new post.

• Yeah - but barely anything of value!

• yeah, i was hoping about the max depth at least....though is good to see the elevation fix, hopefully it will be more stable and correct now. However it puzzles me i still cannot see the update almost 4 days later.....it took them 11 months to release new update, half of which is combined from fenix 5 and they are rolling it out for days....it is like they are moving it physically Joy i am starting to get really disappointed with Garmin! 

• First off I am a little surprised we got an update, I thought Garmin had abandoned the Descent Mk1. With every update Garmin rolls it out in blocks to prevent their update servers from being swamped. I suspect they did not increase the percentage of users who can download this over the Holiday weekend. I am still not able to download it. 

• I can t believe Garmin MK1 will be abandonned 
    • no need a weekly update only when hard bug or improvement must be uploaded
    • Teric got an update 2 month ago so they definitely follow each other ( exactly same algorithm ( maybe same team behind for the software Upside down
  • I have been using the Descent since shortly after it's release, and in the initial phases I would have to say it was unsafe at any depth. It had a lot of issues, issues Gamin was extremely slow to address. Some were never really addressed. I would have preferred Garmin make the Open Circuit Scuba rock solid before they moved on to rebreathers, as all rebreathers either have a proprietary cabled computer or use the Shearwater. But they chose to use their apparently limited development resources to add rebreathers so people could use this as a backup computer. 

As for the release schedule at Shearwater, they only release updates to add new features or fix bugs. Bug fixes are released very quickly and they are rock solid. So it is not an apples to apples comparison to say Garmin and Shearwater release software at the same pace. Shearwater has a loyal following, and makes bomb proof computers. It took Garmin 18 months to get the compass in the Descent to point in the right direction. 

In full disclosure, I use a Shearwater Perdix AI as my primary dive computer and only use the Garmin as a backup. If/when my Descent fails I will probably replace it with a Teric as my backup dive computer.