I just charged my S40. Went to turn it off and it went to system page then to colored squares that I can change the colors by arrows. Cannot get to another screen, cannot turn power off.

After charging my S40, I tried to turn off.  It went to a system page, then after holding the power button again, it went to colored squares with arrows up and down.  hit power button again, and the arrows are now left and right.  Cannot get off this screen, power button willl not turn the S40 off.

• To exit the mode your S40 you described your watch as currently in, simply press and hold the button on the side of the watch, and keep the button held until you see the display turn blank > T hen release the button (takes about 15-20 seconds of holding) > Then power the watch back on, and you should see the S40 reboot normally to the regular time screen. 

If you continue to have concerns, or if the steps outlined above do not resolve the concern, please reach out to Garmin Support to get a solution through live support.