Pairing my Approach S40 with my mobile phone AND my tablet

I have my Approach S40 paired with my mobile phone and that works fine on the course and in the clubhouse after playing a round with friends. However, to study my own results in more detail at home afterwards it would be a great help if I could have the same results on my tablet.

When I try to connect my phone with my tablet (Bluetooth enabled of course) the phone reports " already paired", which is absolutely true. Is there a way to pair the Approach S40 to more than one device?

Any comment, help or suggestion will be appreciated.

• You can Bluetooth connect to your tablet if you prefer to sync your scorecard through your tablet into the Garmin Golf APP vs. through using your smartphone to do the same. However, your Approach S40 may choose one device over the other if you have Bluetooth turned on for both your tablet and smartphone and have paired your watch to both through the APP. In that situation, turn off the Bluetooth on your phone during the brief scorecard sync process through your tablet's Golf APP.

If you sync through your smartphone to the Golf APP and pick up your tablet immediate after,  as long as your tablet is connected to the internet, the Golf APP will show the scorecard you just synced across using your smartphone.

• Thanks Chris,

very helpfull. And it's not a matter of preferring but more to use the bigger screen of my tablet at home and to use my mobile on the golfcourse,

cheers,

Raymond

• Too bad; after I paired my Approach with my tablet (Samsung S3) it synchronized flawlessly. But when I then open a scorecard, I get only the top 4 rows of it; down to the line where it says "Fairways hit - GIR - Putts".

The lines below that where you have the results per individual hole and moreover where you can click a single hole to see the beautiful graphical representation of the performance on that particular hole, is missing.

I guess that has to do with the difference in versions of the Garmin Golf app: on my phone (Samsung S9+) that is version 1.28.3 lastly updated on 28 April 2020 where on my tablet that is version 1.5.1 lastly updated on 8 January 2018. Both devices are set to automatically update installed apps, so I am afraid it stops here.

• As long as your Android version qualifies for the most recent version of the Golf APP, definitely update it on your tablet. As long as you get the versions the same between your tablet and Android phone, you will see the same appearance.

• And that's where I am stuck: my tablet Samsung TAB S3 has Android 9 and will not receive further updates for this, where my phone Samsung S9+ runs on Android 10.

Therefore the Garmin Golf APP on my tablet will not update any higher than version 1.5.1 where it stands now. I have to rest my case, (very) deep sigh (⊙_⊙;)