This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way to BYPASS the screen that asks what tee box?

January 1, 2018, my golf course was bought out and the new owner shrunk it from 27 to 18 holes. I purchased the approach s20 in June 2019 and it still showed the old 27 hole layout. I later connected the Bluetooth app "Garmin Connect" and it has been regularly updating. However, my s20 continued to show 3 nine-hole courses and I would have to choose which two nines - ANNOYING. I went to the trouble of installing, Garmin express and downloaded new maps. The new maps are there and are okay but now it is asking me what tees I'm playing - ANNOYING. I ONLY want to know the distance from where I am to the green that I'm playing. Is there a way to BYPASS the screen that asks what tee box? Thank you.

• I only have to indicate which tee box i'm using once, at the beginning of the round.

• The tee box selection prompt is a default design feature that allows for handicap to be calculated for scorecards recorded and synced to a Garmin Account. 

27 hole golf courses are grouped into three 18-hole courses, because a full round of golf is 18-holes, so 3 combinations of each 9-hole course name is offered for these courses. 

Only playing 9 holes and ending the round will result in your partial round being recorded for your scorecards for the tee tee box you are starting on, for the specific 9 hole course name you need to select to get the distances.