" Golf Maps Missing". but still finding Courses

Since my last update I am getting the following message " Golf Maps Missing". I have re-installed the courses, done a soft and hard re-set but still keep getting the message. It is finding my local course and worked fine but I keep getting the message. How can I stop it ?

• Just got off Garmin chat line with Landry.  He said the problem is the s20 was designed to hold all maps.  When you pick a subset (like I did when I thought I understood the download instructions), "Golf Maps Missing" refers to other maps that were not downloaded.  Here's the kicker, you can't change the regions until the new update is out in the fall!!! Resetting will not help.  If the s20 was design to hold all courses, why did it even ask me, just download everything.  I managed a software development group and this sort of restriction should not exist.  What happens if I decide to golf on a different continent? I'm hosed.

I sure hope that all North/South America maps are there.

• I have having the same issue now a month later from the last post. Has there been any updates?

• I have the same problem with my S20.  During update received message "not enough space".  So, I repeated the update selecting only North & South America.  How ever,  Watch continues to flash "Golf maps missing".  I've repeated the update two more times... same results.  Help

• Hi Rob, is there a fix for 'golf maps missing' yet?

I just did an update via laptop/ Garmin express as a recent course played had reconfigured and my watch yardages were all over the shop but now I have the message. Thanks if you can help, Jo

• Many of us have had the same problem and Garmin has answered with "format your watch" etc. Going thru this process never resolved the problem. After several months of this the problem resolved, I believe Garmin said an update would correct it. Now today, November 10, 2022, I am getting the message again. I am up to date with updates and sync after every round. So Garmin are you going to help resolve this issue?

• I am having the same issue.  Just talked to Customer Support - guy was very nice but said there is no fix available. 

C’mon Garmin - this is an easy one.  Just update the OS so it doesn’t expect maps from all regions. Right now my watch doesn’t work as a watch (when not in golf mode) without having to hit multiple buttons every time I look at it.  That’s unacceptable. 

• same here after downloading updates,after trying to update via garmin express keeps going to

golf maps are missing on screen