This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CT10 battery life

I bought a set of 14 sensors in October and in December also bought a new Garmin watch to link them to. Half of the sensors paired with the watch but the rest didn't. It turns out that the batteries in those that wouldn't pair had gone flat, even though I only had the sensors for 2 months. This leaves me with a hefty bill to replace them all as I don't want to chance any of them not performing while I am playing.

What should the battery life of the sensors be? The Garmin site states 4 months but I only had them for 2 months before they went flat. Were the batteries faulty? Or could something be wrong with the sensors?

Thanks! 

• I've had a set for 6 months. I've had to change out batteries almost immediately and once more during that period. Don't know why they are saying up to 4 years and using good quality batteries.

• I am having same issue. I have been using CT10 about 6month and I replaced whole 14 set three time already.

Why this sensor use so much power?

I thing device does not go to sleep when it in the golf bag? (When its upside down and in the dark place)

I am pairing my CT10 to Fenix 6X Solar

• I'm having a similar issue.  I thought my sensor were wearing out as batteries in my driver sensor would not last 1 full round (a many of the other clubs as well) so bought another full set of 14.  Today with brand new batteries and sensors, the 5 of my clubs (including driver) stopped being detected after 4 holes by my Fenix 5.  Is this a software issue with the Fenix 5? 

• I think your correct regarding it being a software issue. See if your watch has an update. Switched to a S62 fully updated and have not had any issues since. Had an S42 before for reference.

• Hello, I've got the same issue with ct10 sensors. But only when I put the sensors on the driver club. In the irons clubs the battery works well. I think that in the driver club the sensor is working all the time and it dosen't turn off whent it is on the bag. What can I do?

• Dear sir/madame. Thank you of your answere. The same sensor works well in the other clubs. And when I put a diferent sensor on the driver. The battery life is very short.

• I have replaced the batteries 3 times within 12 months and some sensors are not even working anymore. Sent Garmin 2 emails and haven’t received a reply. They cost me over $400 AUD and so far over $100 in batteries. They are awesome when the system works, however reliability and lack of Garmin response is not good enough. 

• Depending on when they were manufactured, purchased from, and the timeframe from then to now, those factors also affect useful life of the CR2032 coin cell. 

The generalization of the battery life is specific to a typical new CR2032, and Garmin does not manufacture the disposable batteries included within the sensor, so batteries included are separate from the warranty and design of the actual sensor separate from the coin cell. 

Depending on the manufacturer of the battery being inserted into the sensor, and factors mentioned above, the battery estimate is a generalization and will vary based on those factors.

It would also be good to try removing a sensor and then attempt to re-pair the sensor that was removed from the list back to the watch, to see if the watch finds the sensor to rule out the clubs needing to simply be removed and re-paired. The clubs may need to be removed and paired again if changes to the golf bag have been made, or if the watch was associated to a different Garmin account, than the account the initial sensors were setup through.