This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing and viewing on 2 devices

Just bought Golf S40  and paired to android phone and works well and syncs to phone afterwards. I Would like to also view stats etc.. on my iPad, bigger screen. I’ve loaded both Garmin Golf and Connect onto iPad but they just ask to pair with iPad and cannot because already paired to  phone. Is this possible please. Cannot get answer from Garmin. 

Top Replies

All Replies

• You will not need to pair your S40 to your iPad as long as you can continue to pair your scorecards through your Android phone. You can always go to www.garminconnect.com on your iPad in your browser or on your computer and sign-in to the same Garmin account you are using for your Golf APP and Connect Mobile APP to see all of your scorecards and historical history.

• Thank you Chris. Regret that I have done that and am still requested sync my device which I cannot do as synced to a phone. It shows my device and settings etc... but will not display scorecards or anything else. I am signed in to the same account as the phone app. Garmin S40 only links to Garmin Golf app apparently. The app on the phone works well but is a bit small to look at detail. Garmin have not replied to questions, pretty lousy service from them. 

• Garmin have just confirmed you can only view golf stats (scorecards etc....) on one device. I am informed if I wish to view on iPad which is more viewable than an android phone I must unpair from the phone and pair with the iPad. Very disappointing and poor they cannot manage to write software to cross over cannot think of any other app I have which doesn’t do that. At least I eventually got an answer from Garmin. 

• On your tablet, go to www.garminconnect.com and sign-in to the same Garmin account you are using on your smart phone for both your Golf APP and Connect Mobile APP. You can then view your same synced scorecards and their information on your tablet browser and have the much larger screen you are looking to experience.

• Thank you Chris for persevering but I have tried again and no joy. Alex of Garmin confirmed you can only view scorecards on the paired device alone. At his suggestion to view on iPad I unpaired from phone and the iPad would not pair up. I went back to pairing on the phone and have now lost the scorecards and stats I had, I thought, stored up. When I reset I used the setting which said scorecards would not be deleted. Untrue I’m afraid. The watch works fine on the course but I could have bought a far cheaper watch just to give me distances to the pin. I thought this would give me entertainment after a round looking to see what I’d done. I’m not happy with Garmin at all spending so much money at my age on this. I’m not very tech savvy and the instructions provided by Garmin are dreadful.  I’m grateful for your efforts though. 

• I do not believe you understand what I am trying to teach you since you can view your scorecards on your tablet.

From any device you own that is connected to the internet - IE: a smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can use your Internet Browser. IE: Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer etc. Every single scorecard you have saved to your Approach S20 and then synced through the Garmin Golf APP, goes to the cloud online. The online location is www.garminconnect.com.  For those that do not own a smartphone, they are using Garmin Express on their computer to do the same thing you are doing through your Android phone's Golf APP.

By using your iPad or home computer, all the same scorecard information that is in the Golf APP, actually comes from your Garmin Connect account on the internet in the cloud.

If you sign-in physically at www.garminconnect.com through any device that is connected to the internet, you can do what you are asking about. You may not be able to pair to both devices and sync your scorecard, but there is no reason to do it that way since you have this alternate means of viewing your scorecards.

Feel free to highlight my name and send me a Private Message if you need any further assistance. I will be happy to help you do what I am describing.