This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very disappointed in approach, chipping, putter stats from CT10 sensors

Given that there is no way to tell the system the gps coordinates of the flag, the approach, chipping, and putting stats you can see afterwards in Garmin Connect or Garmin Golf are not very useful.

Here is what I want to know:

1) What is my average distance to the hole for my approach shots (all and over just GIR)

2) What is my average distance to the hole for my chip shots

3) What is my average distance to the hole for my 2nd putt (if needed)

This is all impossible without the system knowing the precise GPS coordinates of the hole.

-----

This has a very easy fix: When you get on the green have the screen on the S20 show two options i) Putt and ii) Hole.  When a player hits a putt, they press the Putt button (so the GPS location of the ball can be saved) and when the player gets to the hole they press the Hole button (so the GPS location of the hole can be saved).

When I bought my watch and the sensors it didn't even occur to me that this would not be implemented into the software.  Your competitors Arccos, Shot Scope, and Game Golf have this implemented into their software.  Please fix this.

• I gave up using my Garmin CT10 sensors and bought a full Arccos kit. It too has problems but the stats blows away the Garmin.

I still use my S62, which is a great golf watch, but enter shots manually so that I have redundant data since the Arccos misses a fair amount of shots.

If Garmin implemented stats like Arccos, I'd gladly stop using the Arccos system, but until then, I can't recommend the CT10.

• After over 2 years, this is obviously a lost cause. I will be selling my S40 and going with a competitor that has these features available.

It’s too bad, I liked the watch otherwise but the lack of these stats is a deal breaker.  

• Again Garmin Rob this should be joined with the other thread. Garmin need to act on this suggestion asap. Please inform us of the decision of the development department

• I just got CT10.
    useless stats.
    Returning them for arccos. 

• Unfortunately implementing this for the watches would make the ct10 redundant (except for the convenience of not needing to select on the watch which club was used).  It is unlikely that they will make this change to their $200 watch since it will mean you no longer have to buy the additional $250 sensors.  Every quarter when they plan how to use their engineering hours, this feature request is not picked because it has been deemed to have a negative ROI (in the short term).

Happy to be proven wrong though :)

• That's not right at all. You still require the sensors on clubs to understand where you hit from. The feature we all want added is the ability to mark where the hole actually is, so that we can see distances/proximity to hole from the shot. 

Other watch/sensor combos already do this, such as Shot Scope V3. It doesn't affect the need for club sensors at all.

• Agreed. Garmin have some great products, especially the hardware mostly rocks. But software is sometimes a different story unfortunately. Keeping a feature request for such an obvious missing basic feature open for so long is mind bogling.

• One of my great golf gear regrets was selling my ShotScope V2 which did this and a whole lot more and buying the overpriced and vastly inferior Approach S62 and 3 x CT10 sensors.

• You can't go wrong with ShotScope V3. Far superior to Garmin and the customer support is excellent.

• @Garmin-Rob, Im also finding myself in this exact position now and for the accuracy that the data has off the tee and on lay ups the short fall around the green seems unlike Garmin. Has there been any development or plans put in place to develop this heavily requested feature ?