CT10 sensor not assigning to a club anymore and it is new

Ct10 not working for my 5 wood. Only had 3 weeks and was working until a few days ago. Tried to reassign and won’t work. Is it the battery and if so would it be covered, it shouldn’t fail after 2 weeks or is something. Wrong with the actual sensor? Same thing happened for the hybrid the first week, but it did work when reassigned. Should any of this be happening with a new set?

• A couple of mine didn't last long with the original batteries, A 5 pack of the CR2032 batteries is about $5 and is good to have around. If that doesn't solve the problem then I would contact Garmin. Good Luck!!

• does not last long with new batteries either.   At the most 2 or 3 rounds before the sensor stops connecting again.   but i dont think its the batteries as I remove them, test and they are still full strength. I put the same battery back in the CT10 and it works again, for 2 or 3 rounds again.     Seriously I have given up, they are more annoying than they are worth

• I have CT10 sensors for all my clubs. I live in VA where we are in cold weather conditions now. I like the sensors as my distances are difference in the colder weather so club selection becomes “better” for me. I had a sensor that plain didn’t work. I called Garmin and they gave me all kinds of fixes but it was just a bad sensor. I bought another (Garmin was a bit helpful there) and problem is gone. I use them with an S40. I can also offer to help other golfers who I ride with as to their driver distances (some find out how short they really hit and ask me to stop telling them as it is depressing), but when they believe they hit long, they always ask anyway. I originally bought into the sensors after having hip replacement surgery and found I was hitting longer than before (can rotate the lower hip now like 20 years ago) so my distances were way off. Once on the sensor “program”, I like it a lot.

• I tried this approach and it worked for me as well. I had a couple of connected but incorrectly assigned sensors, was able to remove them and correctly assign the two clubs as new again. 

• Thanks a lot for your help!!
  • Thanks for this - it was very much helpful. I'm pretty sure the key step was turning off my Bluetooth to prevent my phone app from getting in the way.

• Same thing happened here, fixed in two minutes.
    Open the battery cap and remove the battery (test it if you have a voltage meter)
    In two out of my three sensors I only bent a little bit the copper contacts, those on the side and that one in the middle, so assuring a better battery contact. Tried them and both worked perfectly.
    It could be a design flaw
    Pity I cannot upload a picture or video tutorial

• SOLVED!!!!!!!
    The same thing happened to me and this is how I solved it
    1) Open de CT10 by removing the black cap
    2) Remove the battery and test it if you have a voltage meter
    3) with the point of a blade knife very carefully bend inwards a little bit the copper contacts on the side and upwards the plated contact in the middle
    4) put back the battery (or a new one if depleted) with the + polarity up
    5) reassemble the cap and try it

In my case the two non working CT10 came back to life. To me, it is a design flaw wich makes a faulty contact between the battery and the device

• Super helpful, this fixed my issue for 2 of the sensors

• Garmin does not recommend performing the steps above, and doing so may risk permanent damage to the sensors, and will any warranty coverage on the sensors. 

Contact Garmin Support directly if you have concerns with the sensors so an actual expert can determine the cause of the issue, and the solution going forward for you.