This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Playing the back 9

I just got the approach s20 and I am playing in a 9 hole league where we rotate the front and back each week. I figured out how to manually advance to the back when we start there, however when syncing with the golf app on my Android phone it fills the scorecard in as if we played the front and then the hole details are all for the back with my shot analysis and recorded play. Am I doing something incorrect, I normally just got start round on my watch before we start and then score/stat each hole as we go.

Thank you
  • SaintCav, for us to better understand what you are reporting, we need access to your Garmin Connect account to look at the information. Can we please have your permission to view your Garmin Connect information?
  • SaintCav, for us to better understand what you are reporting, we need access to your Garmin Connect account to look at the information. Can we please have your permission to view your Garmin Connect information?

Yes you may
  • SaintCav Are you trying to keep score on both your Approach S20 and your Garmin Golf App? If so, is there a reason you are trying to do both? The only time the score auto-populates is when you cycle through the hole, in which Garmin counts that as playing.

Also, if you start your round at hole 10 instead of the clubhouse, the device will start on hole 10. That might help you out a bit.
  • I am only scoring on the watch, my phone stays in the bag while I'm playing, I just can't stand having it in my pocket or rattling around in the cart.

I manually, with the up/down buttons, advanced to the 10th hole when we departed from the club house and headed to the tee, I didn't wait for the watch to auto adjust since our carts were originally parked up next to the starter box by the 1st.

The only time I check the phone is after I have ended the round on the watch and I want to look back at my stats and see if I didn't tell it a club on specific hit, or get that odd, it decided to think I took an extra shot to get to the tee box on a hole and I need to delete it out.
  • SaintCav Looking at your scorecards in your Garmin Connect account, it showing us that you are playing the back nine.

If you are seeing something else, reach out to us through our Product Support channels (phone, email, or chat) so that we can work with you directly.
  • I am working through with product support via email and it is on the Garmin Golf app (that I thought all of golf was moving to) only that the scores are put in on the front when on the Garmin Connect if I go under Menu - Activities - Scorecard it shows the round scored correctly as the back played.