This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Junk being displayed on any track on a Montana 650

Hi,

I have been using my Montana 650 for years with the map "Topo Canada V4" but I suspect the problem is not related to the map I am using, but instead with the software inside the GPS.  I am having the problem with all software versions, including the latest 7.60

Any time I select a track to be displayed on the map, when I use a smaller zoom to take a look at the entire track, I can dozens of icons of a mountain with an up or down arrow.  There is not a single mountain of my trail.  It seems to put those randomly on my track, no matter which tool I use to create my track (BaseCamp, etc).

Is there a way to get rid of that useless garbage, so I can take a look of my track hidden underneath?  I looked into every parameters in the GPS, I could not find any parameter to disable that junk.

Please help me, this is the only thing I hate about the Montana.  I do not know if this also happens on only GPS models.