Missing basemap on Montana 750i

Good afternoon. I'm looking to get help with my garmin montana 750i. After reinstalling Garmin Topo that came preloaded with my Montana 750i base map and DEM were deleted from the device. I've attempted to reinstall Garmin Topo/City Maps/Public land via Garmin Express multiple times, always made sure there are internal memory left on the device, also have 32 gb memory card formatted FAT32 and no luck getting BaseMap and DEM back. I've tried to find just files itself in the internet so I could instal them manually on internal memory in Garmin folder but no such a files are available from verified sources and I don't wanna risk installing from unverified ones because let's be honest Montana 750i isn't cheap to risk with. I've contacted customer support via chat on 7/25/25 and was told "I dont know, try to reinstall city navigator"... I mean I did already but it just doesn't work. Garmin Express reinstalls topo etc without any errors but base map and dem aren't there. 

Thank you for your time and hoping we can figure out this situation.Would be a great help if someone willing to send basemap files from their Montana 7x0. My email ********

Moderated to remove the email address. Please do not post personal information.

• If tech support cannot help, I'm at a loss. I don't actually know which map set includes the base map and DEM data. It may be that it is part of CN, since that came with the device. That might be the only useful thing you got from support. Or not.

Do note, however, that space is ALWAYS an issue. Even if it appears that the map itself would fit, that does not mean there is enough space to install it via Express. You will need to manually manage map location (internal memory vs. SD card) in Express. Point is that Express will NOT automatically put a map on SD just because there is no space on internal memory.

It has been a while since I moved maps around. I seem to recall that I had to delete the map from internal memory, then reinstall it on the SD card.

If you can't get it back, contact support again to try to escalate the ticket. It's possible that or can help. I am no longer sure if Leslie is still involved with iR support. Recent posts have been from Chris.

• What file was deleted from your device exactly? Is it the gmapbmap.img file? This is a basemap containing very high-level DEM and routing data, and it comes with the device and cannot be restored with Garmin Express (although it is sometimes updated via Garmin Express).

If you mean detailed DEM data, this comes with TopoActive and can be installed using Garmin Express as part of a TopoActive mapset.

If Garmin Support cannot provide the gmapbmap.img basemap file, hopefully another 750i user can share the file with you...

• Yes, deleted file is gmapbmap.img and like you said I couldn't restore it via GE ( I tried all possible ways by now).  I left my email in case someone was willing to send me the file from their montana 7x0 but it was moderated and email was taken down, so only can hope for support(contacted via email this time). What confuses me is my file comes preinstalled with my device, was removed via garmin express, when I removed previous topo maps, so it's not like I deleted it from the folder myself, and reaching out to support via chat I was told they couldn't help. I mean I get it even in support guys shouldn't know everything but come on ask you co-workers who know the answer, especially when solution is just to send me the file, it's not like I asked for paid feature to be free or something . So as of now will be waiting till someone actually can help. I really don't think there is my fault in this case, so a little frustrating but still love Garmin;)

• By the way, I have read reports that re-installing the TopoActive maps also restores the basemap, so I would try to do this. The current versions of City Navigator EU and TopoActive EU maps don't fit on the internal memory anymore, so make sure to install both on the memory card.

If you need to free up memory by removing currently installed map files, a handy utility is JaVaWa's Device Manager. It will list the map files installed on your device (both internal memory and SD card), and you can then remove individual files. After removing left over map files you can do a reinstall of the maps with Garmin Express.