Montana 700i Crashes - City Navigator Stop Navigation

I have a Montana 700i that I mostly use for trail riding etc using Tracks created in Basecamp which all seems to work OK.

However if I select the City Navigator map and then navigate to a waypoint it calculates and navigates the route just fine. But when I select Stop Navigation the unit crashes.

A reboot (long power button press) doesn't solve this as trying to stop Navigation again just crashes the unit.

The only way I have found to stop this behaviour is to calculate the route with the CN map, then switch it to Topo Active. The route still works, and it's then possible to Stop Navigation without a crash.

I also have the 1:25k Topo GB Pro maps loaded to the device (but not activated).

Plenty of space on the device an SD card.

Anyone else had this issue, or know of a work around as its very annoying having to switch maps just to stop navigation without crashing the unit

• Its a firmware/software bug since the last update but Garmin are refusing to acknowledge it .

Just do a support request and they'll swap it for a new one.

Only way I've found it not to reboot is by not using the 1:25 £300 maps as the device simply cannot cope.

• Same issue here.  I have the latest update firmware as of this date.  Very annoying!!!

• The way I get around it is to do the following:

While navigating a route, press Home, select Saved Tracks folder, select a track in the folder, once loaded select map view tab, and press GO.  You can then return to the Map view and Stop navigation without a crash.

• We're very sorry to hear your Montana 7xx series device is becoming unresponsive as soon as you select the 'Stop Navigation' option to end your navigation.

We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is not the kind of experience we want our customers to have, and we understand that this is a serious stopping point to your continued use with the device, unless you remove and reinsert the battery pack.

We've since provided the details to our Engineering team for further review and they're working on a resolution via a software update. We're hoping it will be available by the end of June, or early July.

While your Montana can install updates wirelessly when made available, you can also check and install them via our Express computer program. For more information, see - Updating the Software on Your Montana 700, 700i, or 750i

In the meantime, the only other workaround is to remove and reinsert the battery pack to resume functionality, and then to select the magnifying glass/Where to? option > 'Find Another' > and input a new address to try and proceed.