Issue Creating a Route on my Montana 700

I don't seem to be able to create a route on my unit. When I select a waypoint & touch 'ADD' the GPS freezes. When I go thru the 'Find' mode and select a waypoint, followed by touching 'GO', the unit calculates a route to my destination. Any suggestions?

• Are you trying to add a waypoint to an existing route, or are you trying to create a brand new route? What software version is your device on have you updated it? Updating the Software on Your Montana 700, 700i, or 750i

Can you give the exact steps you do on the device and then where it freezes in those steps? 

• Software version is 19.00

After talking to a Garmin vendor salesperson, the problem has been corrected. I was told to create the route without the map CNNA installed. I have since tried creating a route WITH the map installed and been successful, so I don't know what to think.

Here are the steps I had been taking:

> Route Planner

> +Create Route

> Add Point

> Waypoints

> 'Select waypoint'

> Add (that's when the Montana would freeze)

• My new 700i will do this too.  I've not figured out what is triggering it.  I can sometimes create the route, but it is more often a locking event which requires a hard reboot.  The steps outlined above are consistent with my experience.

• Can you give me the following details: 

What maps do you have enabled? Menu > Map Manager > What is listed here and what is enabled? 

What routing settings do you have set? Menu > Setup > Routing > What do you have set here for all catagories? 

Are you using waypoints you have created already? Did you manually input the waypoint data or load it from somewhere else? 

• What maps do you have enabled? Menu > Map Manager > What is listed here and what is enabled? 
      • Automatic Maps: Disabled
      • Worldwide DEM, NR: Active
      • Garmin Public Land Map v2023.10 Active
      • CN North America NT 2025.10 All Canada and Mexico: Active
      • CN North America NT 2025.10 All US: Active
    • What routing settings do you have set? Menu > Setup > Routing > What do you have set here for all catagories?
      • Direct Routing: No
      • Activity: Automobile
      • Course Navigation Method: Roads and Trails
      • Course Alerts: On
      • Advanced
        • Lock on Road: Yes 
        • Calculation Method: Minimize Time
        • Off route Calculation: Automatic
        • Avoidances: None Selected
    • Are you using waypoints you have created already? Did you manually input the waypoint data or load it from somewhere else? 
      • I was using waypoints loaded from basecamp, but these are frequently loaded and used on my zumo590 and the 276cx that this montana is replacing.
  • I just went through the exercise again, and it didn't error.  I hadn't tried it since updating the CN map to 2025.10 recently.  I'll try a few more times today to see if I can duplicate the error.

• I have sent you a private message to gather more personal information and move this to our official support channel. 

• Hello, do you know what version your City Navigator maps are on? If you go to Menu > Map Manager > CN should show a number after it.