GPS Accuracy Fluctuations Post-Update

I'm facing an issue with my Montana 700i/750i GPS device after a recent update, specifically related to GPS accuracy fluctuations. Despite my attempts to troubleshoot, I couldn't find a similar problem in existing forum discussions. Here are the details: After the recent device update, the GPS accuracy on my Montana 700i/750i has been inconsistent, impacting its reliability during outdoor activities. I've updated the device firmware, checked satellite signal strength, and ensured no Competitive Pay for physical obstructions. However, the problem persists.If anyone one of monthly payslips the community has experienced similar GPS accuracy for annual leave entitlement of fluctuations with the Montana 700i/750i post-update or has insights into troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Moderated to remove spam link. I don’t recall noticing that link originally. Please do not edit it like that again.

• Most people can’t keep it running long enough to have this problem Slight smile

Where/how do you observe this “fluctuation”?

It may me that the most recent update put additional emphasis on power conservation. All iR devices try very hard to minimize power consumption, including minimizing use of the GPS radio. In particular, the device only acquires a fix when it needs to do so. To send a track point, to send a message, to log a track point, or if you ask to see your coordinates.

To see if this is part of the problem, try setting the logging interval to 30 seconds or less. You will see a warning that this causes the GPS radio to be on continuously. If your varying accuracy goes away, it’s probably a result of power conservation.

• I don't have any issues with this Montanna 700 . I have the gps set to  gps and galieo with waas on. Also I set the track to record every 3 sec for a more accurate track line to save. I also double click the power button to shut the screen off before putting it back in the case I carry on my pack chest strap or in my front pocket. I get super battery life out of the Lithium battery as well. Leave it running all day long on long hikes. Accuracy is spot on. Never shuts down.  Had gpsr's since 1995 from Marine,auto and many hand helds from Garmin. 

• To be clear, do you have a 700 (non-inReach) or a 700i (inReach)?