When will be the new version of Montana (800 series) be released?

Does anyone know when a new version is released of the Montana?

• From DC rainmaker: Garmin’s biggest competitor is themselves. Or more specifically, their lack of focus on solving bugs that ultimately drive consumers to their competitors. 

Hopefully they get around to solving the shutdown issues and improving the interface before they bring out the 800 if they bring up the 800.

• Nobody but Garmin knows the answer to this. Anything you see here on the forums would be pure speculation. 

Sometimes DC Rainmaker has an inside track. In this case, either he does not OR he is under an NDA.

• I really hope this is true, I couldn't imagine releasing a new version with such software issues baked into the 700. I've been the support route. They traded in my device for a new one same issue, and traded in my auto dock, same issues. They tested with my old one and couldn't reproduce the issue. I've been seeing a lot more shutdowns lately. I'm wondering if it is related to the explore app.

Pretty disappointing for a $700 device! I love Garmin products and have many of their products, Fenix watch, Alpha dog collars, Sport pro training collars, Rhinos, HRM, Speed/Cadence Sensors, Tempe, and an old Nuvi. This doesn't even include all of the mounts and accessories to those related products! Needless to say I have spent a lot of money to stay with the Garmin eco system and the Montana 700i has been the most troublesome. 

Don't get me wrong the 700i is a great device when it works, checking most of the boxes I was looking for, but when it doesn't it's pretty bad.