Does ANYONE from Garmin ever read these forum messages

I have a general remark / question. Does anyone know if someone from Garmin ever look
on this forum? I do not get the impression.. There are some serious issues mentioned over and
over again, and it seems that no one gets a reply from a Garmin employee. We (users) all have
pretty expensive devices, so one would expect at least some kind of support on this forum.
I see some messages about new software versions, so I guess someone at Garmin should at least
know about the problems going on. Where is the feedback ?! How come no one from Garmin ever
responds? Also it looks that with every firmware update something else is broken. I think this is
very bad customer service. Does anyone agree, and if so how can we complain make this known
at Garmin!

• With regard to inReach devices, @Garmin-Leslie (whom I apparently can no longer tag) does read them and sometimes responds.

That said, the forums are NOT an official support channel.

If you need support, open a support ticket. If you are given the choice, use Chat or Phone. Based on forum posts, email is something of a black hole - problem in, nothing out.

If you have suggestions for improvements, post them here: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/ There have been forum complaints that nothing happens with these requests. Just noting that the release cycles for device f/w can be fairly long. Even if Garmin decides to work on a request, do not expect instant results.

• Hi twolpert,

First of all, thanks for this reply.  At least I have some links I could use.
    But still since it's https://forums.garmin.com/ I think it's expected of Garmin
    to better support this forum. I do not know who @Garmin-Leslie  is, but I don't see
    many replies in this section (Montana 700i/750i) ?. The problems mentioned on this
    forum should be actively monitored: I sense a lot of frustration (including me) because of some
    common (annoying) problems. It will also save a lot of support tickets

• OK, but support tickets are the things that Garmin DOES track. In some cases, the response here on the forums from Garmin personnel is "we'll add you to the open support ticket". You'll get to that same point faster by opening a ticket.

• Hello  I appreicate you voicing your opinion on the support here. We are very diligent to read and respond to issues as they arise. We monitor these daily and reach out to those with issues. If you have an issue with your product the best and most effective way to get a resolution or answer is to contact Product Support directly for assistance with your device or visit our Support Center. Forums it is not our main method of supporting our devices but rather a place for customers to meet up and discuss their products, with that said, we have been able to support and help a number of customers with issues from forums as well. 

• Hi Garmin-Leslie,

Thank you for your response. The biggest concern I had was that I got the idea that problems out there were not known to Garmin at all, as they did not look at this forum at all. Hopefully problems reported here will be picked up and also incorporated into updates (without specifically making support requests). That would increase support and service in my opinion. I will report all my issues reported here to support. Thank you very much for the links given. Just want to mention that I am still enthusiastic about my GPS, if some bugs are fixed it is just a great product!

kind regards,

• Hello Garmin Leslie, 

I wrote about many issues on the garmin Montana 700 which is identical to the 700i( no inreach) but was told that for this "poor" device respect of the 700i 750i cannot be followed on this forum...
    Yet many issues are common!
    Is it not possible to open a specific section for the "poor Montana 700" so that users can exchange information?
    This information could also be useful for other users of the more " performing" Montana...

• Hello, unfortunately we will not be opening non inReach forums. It is possible to comment common issues within threads that it applies. If that doesn't work it is always best to contact product support for assistance. 

• The German-language Garmin forums include non-iR handhelds. See the top navigation bar above.

You can also check out the GPS sections of the geocaching forums - for example, here: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/11-gps-technology-and-devices/

Finally, there are forums associated with gpsrchive.com (which is an excellent source of information in itself).

https://www.gpsrchive.com/Discussion/index.php?sid=b4ecc4a707b8499bc32ae85ef4f17c46

The lack of handheld and automotive device forums here is a long-standing complaint. I would not expect Garmin to do anything about it.