Montana 700i Firmware 16.50 still freezes when a pin position is to be used in the map

Even if the problem is described as fixed in the changelog for 16.50 - the Montana 700i still freezes temporarily when navigating to a pin position or saving this map position as a waypoint.
The only solution is a downgrade to version 13.20, the last version without this problem.
  • I wasted days until I found your post; 13.20 works without freezing. Nothing temporary about my freezes, every one required reboot. Thanks.

Tom

• I've wasted more time trying to get support from Garmin.  I explained the issue, my troubleshooting, and the fact that this is a system bug not a file corruption problem.  There reply was issue is basically solved by reverting to older system software. I'm not sure they even read my email because they didn't understand it.  Here is their canned reply: " This is our general troubleshooting for devices that don't power on or charge - usually if it's during routing or using a GPX file it's due to a corrupt file - see more here: Garmin Outdoor Device Freezes, Reboots, or Will Not Fully Power On

If you experience anything else or need more troubleshooting please let us know."
    Garmin doesn't seem interested in fixing the bug.
    Tom
  • Unfortunately, a support ticket is the channel which is most likely to result in assistance. That said, if the problem IS a firmware bug, there is no telling how long it will take for Garmin to address it. The more people who report the problem (via a ticket), the more likely it is to be addressed promptly.

If your ticket was via email, I would try again via chat or phone call. Based on forum posts, email is not an effective support channel. Via chat or phone, if the the first-line support person is not helpful, ask to escalate the ticket. 

• Thanks for the reply; I think I'll just keep using 13.2 as Garmin doesn't seem interested.  I will test updates for a day or so and revert if I have to; always have my old Montana 610 to fall back on.

Tom

• At least for me, Garmin told me, that my internal ticket is still open waiting for a fix..