Collections synch to 700i with Explore App incomplete or not at all .

I am having issues getting collections to sync properly from Explore App to 700i.  

I downloaded a set of GPS tracks to my phone recently. The collection included over 100 tracks, and I think over 500 way points.  All displays properly in the App.  I then realized some tracks did not transfer, and other display as simply a straight line. 

I did learn of the the max limit of 5 tracks per collection, and 100 way points , so I split the big collection into several small one with 5 or fewer tracks, and less than 100 way points.  Still no transfer to the device. 

I then deleted all my data from the app and device, imported a set of tracks which I had successfully sent to the device without issue , no warnings for exceed limits etc.  Used those tracks for several days riding a BDR route.  No issues.  However now while they will transfer to the device, they only display as straight lines, and displayed a warning of points reduced.  Yet it didn't do that a few months ago.  

I have spent hours and hours trying different features, searched the  online support, spoke with Garmin support by phone....can anyone here help?