This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

software 15.10 montana auto shutdown!

I've updated my montana 700 to 15.10 version,  and after update, when I scroll data field pages  Montana auto shut down!

How can I solve this problem?

• Please start by providing a more detailed explanation of exactly which screens are displayed and button presses or screen taps you are making when the crash occurs.....

• Ok I try to describe the problem.  On maps screen Montana works fine and I move map left to right  without problems,  also compass screen works fine. The problem is on data fields because I've two data pages and when I try to scroll from first page to second page , montana auto shut down.  

• So, you have the Trip Computer page open, and when sliding finger sideways to view additional pages the device crashes?

• Yes , the device is shut down, and when I push power button reload all maps same as factory reset..

• Good News: I am unable to duplicate with my Montana 700 v15.10.

Bad News: You likely need to perform a Master Reset of your Montana 7x0.

• How do I Master Reset my Montana 7x0?
      • Power the Montana 7x0 off.
      • Remove battery pack for >30 seconds and reinstall.
      • Press and hold the Power button until the Status LED turns red.
      • Release the Power button.
      • The Montana 7x0 is now in 'Boot Block' mode, which last about 8 seconds.
      • Quickly press and release the Power button twice.
      • The Status LED will turn green, and the device will begin the boot process.
      • A "Restoring settings and activities to defaults." message will be displayed.
      • The Montana 7x0 is now clearing all data and restoring all settings to factory defaults.
  • Ok , I' will try a master reset, please can I save my data field configurations?

• Make a copy of the Profile folder on your Montana 7x0, then after the Master Reset, copy one profile back and test for crash again. If OK, copy additional profiles back to device and test more.

If the Crash Returns, you will need to Master Reset again and recreate your Data Field configurations manually.

• Also unable to duplicate.

• Ok I've restored to factory defaults my montana and  now the pages of data fields works fine!

I've a question about data fields pages: in the menu button at the bottom right, exist a field with " Connect IQ data field" but nothing happens  on the screen.. 

What is its function? 

• It will show you Connect IQ Data Fields that have been loaded to your device via Connect IQ.