Montana 700i Windows 11 computer driver issue

Can anyone help when I connect my Montana 700i to my windows 11 computer both file explorer , Garmin express and Garmin Basecamp do not recognise the device ,in device manager an unknown device name appears when the device is connected but with no drivers loaded, in system settings on the Montana 700i have tried all options eg Garmin spanner , Garmin serial and mtp, the device had been working on an older windows 10 computer hence I am sure the issue is with windows 11 and missing drivers , hope someone can help. I have also tried different usb port and cables, device still works on older computer just not my newer windows 11 computer. Also the trident usb connected icon does not appear on the device but strange that Device Manager does display unknown device when the Montana 700i is connected to the PC.

The GPS device has been hard master reset and has the latest firmware version 13.20

I hope someone can help many thanks 

• If the device is set to MTP, you should be able to see the file system (in Windows Explorer) without special drivers. The generic Windows drivers for MTP devices should work. I would only expect to need device-specific drivers in modes which involve GPS data transfer (e.g., Garmin serial, NMEA, text, etc.). 

I would also expect MTP to work with Express, which generally expects the connected device to be in "data transfer mode".

All of that said, I have not tried this. I am avoiding Win11 like the plague because of ongoing device incompatibilities.

Edited to add: On Win10, a 750i in MTP mode uses a Microsoft driver. At least on my PC. Also works with Express when in MTP mode. This is not to say that it did not install Garmin drivers sometime in the distant past, so this test is inconclusive.

Try MTP mode and see if that works on Win11.