I cannot get a route to work on my Montana

I think I am having trouble with my maps. I think they may be corrupt. I cannot reload them from Basecamp or Garmin express. I am at 13.20 update. No matter how I try it sometimes says routing and stays at 0% and sometimes does nothing. I am literally in the middle of Canada and have no ability to route and no idea how to fix this. I am in desperate shape and need help. Is there a way to reinstall my maps or however to fix this? I have done a master reset twice and tried to reload the maps and none of this seems to help.

• Was billed as "manufacturing update". Might be that it was only released from the factory, not as an update for general consumption.

• Yeah. You are correct. It was not released as far as I can tell either. I think that was the firmware revision that I was at but the 10.90 version is so far, working the way it use to work. I told Garmin about my results. They responded with "Thank you for the update"

• So at least some good news.

I asked the question of the Garmin support people working on my ticket:

At least they know I'm not making this up so hopefully they will come up with a solution.

• I got some good news from Garmin today.

Garmin tech support said: "I was informed today that there is a software update coming soon that will fix this issue. We are expecting mid August."

Hope this fixes the issue for good.

• Still waiting for the fix they thought would be announced/released around 8/15. I have now heard a rumor that it won't be released until mid to end of September but I have received no such information.

• Hi All, I have a similar problem, I try to navigate however it does nothing, some times it just keeps on 0%, somehow it looks like the unit thinks it has a route in navigation, but this is not correct. What I did and worked twice was to, from the map page, move the screen to a side, then pinch in the screen to have a pin to appear, then press in the text that apears in the top to make the "Go" button to apear, pressing it makes the unit to display a dialog asking for add a new via point ot a destitantion, I select a destination and then it sarts a new navigation, then I just cancel it and start a new one as usual, then it works, at least the last tow times I had the issue it did, Hope it helps.

• Do you know what your firmware version is?

Garmin has recently told me that the firmware update to fix this is now scheduled for mid October but that is a shaky date according to my correspondence with them.

• Sure, it is 13.20.... I was a mess, I was on a trip and it worked fine the first half, just begin to fail at the return, somehow I correlated that I was not terminating the segment or using the "Stop navigation" option, then I found that using the point directly in the mep worked..

• I can't see how it could be the unit as many of us are having same issue.

It either fails to route at 0% or stops at 80% of calculation.

When it does work it works for my saved waypoints, if I try to find point of interest etc, error returns.

Have reset many times, but error comes back eventually. 

I really hope Garmin can fix this. Used to work great.

I am in Australia with City Navigator for my region.

Cheers.

• So I'll tell everyone again. I had this problem. I then reverted my firmware to 10.90 and the problem has not happened since I reverted. It was something in the firmware update. I can't swear reverting the firmware will work for you, but it worked for me. And it has continued to work everytime.