This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Huntview Plus not displaying satellite images

Unit: Garmin Montana 700.

Issue: Huntview Plus satellite imagery will not display.

Note: I have read all of the other entries here and have not found an answer.

I am a very experienced Garmin hand held user since the Map 64csx. I have installed Garmin Huntview maps on a number of units since they were introduced without issue. I just installed a Garmin Huntview Plus chip for Oregon on my brand new and completely updated Montana 700. No matter how I configure the maps on this unit, it will display the 24k topos but not display the satellite images. I checked the chip via Basecamp which displays the satellite images just fine, so I am certain the issue is not with the micro SD card or with the chip holder.

I know that the map layer for the Huntview images is active because when I turn it on via "Imagery", the Huntview map hides some of the map details of other installed maps. Even with ONLY the Huntview Plus maps turned on the I cannot see the satellite imagery. No matter how I configure any and all the maps, this is an issue.

To complicate things further, I can download and install Birdseye images directly via wifi from Garmin’s service and they display just fine.

Has anybody had similar issues that has found a solution? Much thanks in advance!

BTW I though that the screen brightness might be a deal killer for me, but I found that the Montana 700 screen was at least as bright, if not brighter than my Montana 680 with a new screen protector installed. I only use my handhelds when I am horseback riding, which is generally done during daylight hours, often in glaring mid-summer sun. The screen redraw can be slow however, depending on what map is being displayed at what detail level. I only mention this for any other folks who might be considering the purchase.

• I did a full factory reset and that cleared up the issue. The satellite imagery now displays. BTW the reset did not delete any of my in-device maps. However, as a precaution I removed the Huntview chip first.