Bluetooth Connection Issue

I've read what I can find on here about this issue, but no one seems to have quite the same problem I have.  However, if I've missed it please point it out to me.

I have a new Montana 750i and I'm trying to use either my Sony radio or UE Roll speaker to provide turn-by-turn guidance and am getting mixed results.  The Montana owner's manual says "Your device can send audio navigation prompts to a Bluetooth enabled wireless headset", so it should be possible.

Pairing works in both cases, but here's what is happening when I try to use it:

• UE Roll: The Montana connects for 10 seconds and then the connection is dropped, which is not enough time for me to get the Montana to give me guidance so I don't ever get any audio

• Sony: Apparently the Sony is more forgiving as the connection appears to stay up for quite a while, but the first two syllables of guidance are lost.  For instance, instead of "Continue on..." I get "you on...".  Or for "In 1 & 1/2 miles..." I get "1/2 miles...".

I'm guessing that the Montana doesn't keep the BT connection active and that the UE Roll drops it very quickly.  But the Sony usually, although not always, re-connects when the guidance comes through, although it takes too long to make the connection so the first bit of the guidance is lost.

Have others had this problem?  Have there been any resolutions found?  It looks to me like a flaw in the Montana and I'm wondering if I should return it?