Garmin 700 cold temp shutdown

All my friends and I have Montana 750

they all shutdown below -20 just after the blue icon appear

anyone have a case that can help ? I find nothing 

we use the gps on the cradle connected to the battery 

• I have the same issue, from -10 to -20, it shuts down. It has come back up once in a wile after 5 to 10 min when powered by the amps mount, my 650 never shut down nor my old In Reach Explorer from Delorm. I tough I had upgraded for better, I guess not. Really disappointed, also the touch screen is quite something with gloves, even on the gloves setting. Garmin has to do something as they advertise this unit for snowmobile. We can't rely on the In Reach for safety as well, we do not know when it will be shut down. Here, I am not talking how complicated it was going from Delorm In Reach to Garmin, ouf! What a pain in the ass as well has syncing, ouf.  Hours of figuring out. Was a big fan of Garmin, still is but quite disappointed.....

• I had the same issue with mine while using in the Arctic this past April 2022. I have the handle-bar mount for my 700, but I did not wire it up, because I moved it between snowmobiles while working.

I ended up 'modifying' a neoprene case for my IPAD mini. I cut a window flap for the screen (measure twice!), and used a small bungee/zip-tie to hold the flap open while in use. I inserted two HotHands SUPER warmers. The regular warmers did not have enough heat (was working in temps consistently below -30C). The unit ran all day. I never turned it off. While not navigating, you do have to change the screen brightness to the lowest setting to conserve battery though, otherwise, you will run out of juice before the end of a full day. I also attached a stylus pen on a lanyard to the whole setup, so that I wasn't struggling with my gloved fingers on the screen (Pro tip - crazy glue the threaded end of the stylus to the pen, otherwise it will vibrate off and disappear). 

I would post some pics of my setup, but I don't see how to do it?

• If I'm using this unit to navigate all day, I would be hesitant to also rely on this unit as my sole source for SOS due to low battery. The batteries cannot properly charge if they are cold soaked. With the giant bright screen, its not like the low power InReach Mini or Explorer+ that holds charge for days. If you do keep the unit warm, then it will charge. I started packing a small lithium power bank with me and a universal end charging cable to power all my devices. I kept it in my inside pocket and just plugged it into the unit while driving if were out for a particularly long day (8+ hours). Or buy a dedicated SOS unit that stays in the bag until needed.