New 700i Map Updates Failing

After connecting my brand new 700i to Garmin Express, it indicated that I needed system software and 2 map updates. I hit "Update All" but only the system update occurred. I tried again, hitting "Update All", but still nothing seems to be happening. It's frustrating that the app provides no notice that the press of the update button has been accepted nor is there a progress bar on the updates. If I hit "View Details", I'm given the option to update each map individually. If I do that, and progress through the confirmation screens, it eventually reports "there was an error installing the update" with no more detail. Any suggestions on how to resolve? 

• Hi

I had the same issue about  a week ago.The firmware updated to the latest 8.50. But the maps did not. Although updates for maps were available

I contacted garmin Australia and was told that "The latest maps allready installed in my montana 700i"

3 days later I connected my unit to Garmin express and the maps updated with no problems.

Sorry I can't explain why, but I sugest keep trying on different  days.

• Garmin told me that I needed to add a 32 GB SD Card.  I did and the update installed with no problems.

• I had the same Express error as well with a customers 700i, NZ New with the NZ/Aussie maps plus the factory installed African maps.  Even though the internal memory has 6+GB of free space (8+GB used, after the update) the update tried on 2 computers with different versions of Express - including the latest - would always come up with the error.  Inserting a 32GB card worked and the maps updated at the usual non-express speed.  Having a look at the card later there are files on it so have removed it.  I did not try a smaller card, the 32GB was the first one I found.

I agree with the 'Dumpster Fire" description of Express in another topic.  Here we'd call it a train wreck or something less flattering.