My 700i won't charge

My 700i is new and was working perfectly.  I had charged it, connected to Basecamp, loaded maps and could see the SD card.  I got back from the trails yesterday and plugged it in and I can't do anything to get it to charge.  I have tried numerous cables and power supplies.  Different computers and nothing works.  If I power it on I can see the unit in Basecamp but not the saved tracks and I can't see the SD card.  Any thoughts?

• The thing about the SD card suggests one more thing to try. Power down, remove the SD card, power up without it, power down, reseat the SD card, power up. Try charging again.

You've already tried the conventional wisdom things like a different cable and different power supply.

You can try a reset. If that does not work, you'll have to open a support ticket. It's possible that something is wrong with the USB hardware.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=rBN2xAZQtk3Wp0FvwL7Cd9

Notes on the reset: If it won't talk to BaseCamp and you cannot see the device as a USB "drive" in Windows Explorer, you won't be able to back up your data. So you'll lose it in the reset. Either way, you will have to repeat the outdoor portion of iR activation after the reset.

• I myself have had issues with non Garmin USB  cables, my phone usb cable, which will charge my phone does nothing with the Garmin, the garmin phone cable will charge my phone and the Garmin. there is something about the cables, also connecting to computers.