Garmin express Montana 700i : Lots of issues with Garmin express

1) An error ocurred during the sync. with garmin connect.

I'm on Garmin express, I don't understand why it speaks about garmin connect

So I cannot sync my Montana, and so I cannot sync. the waypoints I did on garmin explore

2) I'm unable to see the map I booked (neighter with the montana, neighter the one I booked online and install on SD card) on garmin express

It's not more in "Stockage amovible"

For now I don't recommand to buy this GPS, not intuitive, to be use with lots of apps, all linked, also not intuitives ... I was expecting something else for 700 €

• You can use the Explore mobile app to sync Montana data. The app is free from your app store. You must sign in with the account to which the Montana is registered. However, you must use Garmin Express to update the firmware and maps.

Maps are a sore point with the Montana 7x0i and Garmin Express. Many people have reported issues with this. I'd suggest opening a support ticket with your local Garmin support organization. The more people who report the problem, the better the chances that it will be fixed sooner rather than later. And who knows, they might even have a workaround for you.

• My problems started when I connected to my new 750i for the first time to my Garmin Express A/C , it deleted my Australian &NZ TopoActive maps, 3 phones calls to Garmin's help line and 4 emails and nothing, no answers no help, piss poor considering I paid 1.2K for it.

Strangely it came with both topoActive maps sets for Australia &NZ and Africa, something that Garmin cannot explain, so much for quality control.

• I initially had no end of difficulties syncing the Montana 700i with either Explorer or Connect. The unit would turnoff part way through a sync.  Really annoying.  It turns out I had a bad route in my legacy database.  I had upgraded from an inReach Explorer which was also having problems.  Probably the same issue now that I think about it.  Just delete your routes, waypoints, courses etc and start from fresh.  I re-added my legacy routes and waypoints a few at a time and was able to find the culprit.  I know it sucks to have to go through that but I don't think we can blame Garmin on bad user data.

Not sure if that is the issue in your case but it certainly made a world of difference for myself. Everything syncs seamlessly now every time.