Montana 700 BirdsEye Direct causing GPS to shut down/Crash

Just got a Montana 700, updated it via Garmin Express on my Mac running Big Sur.  Once up to date I attempted to install some satellite imagery via Birdseye Direct and when an area is selected that may overlap or even be near other Birdseye areas the GPS immediately crashes and turns off.  Turning it back on and retrying results in the same issue.  

Installing Birdseye imagery via Basecamp works but seems to be limited to 100k/s (extremely slow).  Also Basecamp doesn't show Birdseye imagery that was downloaded from the GPS itself with Birdseye Direct.  

How do I see what Birdseye Direct the GPS has downloaded in BaseCamp, and how do I stop the GPS from crashing when downloading Birdseye imagery directly from the GPS itself?

And why are the download speeds so atrociously slow?

• A. BaseCamp has not been updated to recognize BirdsEye Direct imagery loaded on connected devices.

B. BirdsEye download speeds have always been severely limited and painfully slow. I just updated a single tile the other day and it required more than 2 hours to complete..... Reminds me of the old days when computer programs were stored on tape drive, and we would start loading a 16K program before preparing dinner, then after we had done the dishes, we would go check to see if the program had loaded completely...  The year was 1982, and it was awesome!

C. Have not yet experienced the Crash you describe, but will test for it later today.

• I am getting BirdsEye related crashes as well, more in the download stage than viewing. I was able to download a few sets successfully, then got excited and queued up a few cities I wanted imagery for. Queuing them caused crashes, but there was enough time between a restart and opening the BirdsEye application to remove the queued items which stopped the crashes.

As the birdseye download size limit is quite low and queuing your favorite cities would be good user experience, I hope Garmin resolves this issue soon.