700i with TOPO 24K map how do I find out how difficult a back road or trail is before routing?

I picked up a 700i and add the TOPO 24K map and when I start planning a route I don't see any way to tell if the trail is a black diamond or an easy trail. 

Is there any way to tell on these maps seems like most that go in the backcountry would like to know how hard a trail is before committing to the route.

• Nope. Topo 24k are old USGS maps. They show if a back road is paved or dirt. A few have 4x4 designation marked. That's about it. Most hiking trails on the 24K maps are only the approximate location. Still they are my favorite maps. 

You have to research your route from multiple sources. Tons of info on the internet these days. Or just explore and take your chances. That's what I do. 

• It’s pretty hit or miss with off road adventures. The Paiute trail system in Utah has accurate trail markers & maps with difficulty ratings but it still can’t tell you if there’s snow or fallen trees blocking a trail. Same with Google Earth, which can show you a clear path from A to B but not a locked gate that spoils your plan. Definitely Internet forums & YouTube can be a good resource for downloading tracks and getting an idea of what you’re in for.

• Thanks, I  was hoping there would be some additional rating. I have a few sources for the trail data here in Southern Calif. I can leverage just add's time to the planning process. Disappointed I'm more of an overlander than a rock crawler these days.

• I’m in AZ, a few miles from Needles and ride the BLM trails, most of which are power lines, gas pipelines, railroad maintenance with some mining roads & fun washes thrown in. Many of those are maintained and 5-ton truck friendly...super easy for my ATV. The only scary rides over familiar terrain is following a hard rain with new ruts & ditches that haven’t been repaired yet. The local Arizona trails are much rougher, though more scenic.

I lived in Orange County before retiring and realized it was at least a 3 hour drive to go anywhere worth riding. (ATV, that is). Luckily, National Forests publish MVUM’s so there’s more out there to explore than time permits. We hit Glamis, Ocotillo Wells, Mammoth area (Inyo & Toiyabe NF) and the river those years, as well as Moab and Central Utah.