Montana 700i Collection Manager issues

Coming from a 66i and a Zumo XT, I was hoping the 700i would be my unicorn.

I've been using inreach.garmin.com (Explore) for what feels like whatever.  I have a ride this weekend.  Just like any other ride, I've created a Collection, waypoints, and the track I want.  I've updated what collections should go to what devices (66i, 700i, Instinct (Zumo XT is auto-all).

On the 700i, after sync, I've noticed the following:

Collection Manager (app)
__Seems to only be good for turning Collections on or off (if there is more than one); nothing else can be done by way of this so-called "manager"
__No sort
__No rhyme or reason to the sort that is displayed by default

When Sync All is selected
__I have all Collections off in the Collection Manager App, except for one "collection" that is locked - no name, just shows "Active".  It seems to be a collection of everything I have in Explore in Collections.  And it is locked (on).  What is "Active", how is it populated, and what good is being able to turn off any or all of MY Collections if Active is "collection" is locked and on?

When Sync All is not selected, just one Collection
__That collection shows as "Active" and is locked (expected behavior)
__Nothing shows in Saved Tracks
__Nothing shows in Waypoint Manager
__Nothing shows on the map (No waypoints, tracks from collection) no matter the zoom level

What am I doing wrong / what am I supposed to be doing so that I can see my selected Collection's waypoints and tracks on the map?

Somewhat related: 
When I have Sync All selected:
Saved Tracks shows
__Archived Tracks (none)
__Favorite Tracks 174 (wtf? - I see nothing in inreach.garmin.com Explore or the Explore on Android that says anything about "Favorite")
____Explore > Map > Tracks shows 480 (spell search and sort are no good)

Not looking very "unicorn" so far.  Starting to think I'm going to have to settle with the Zumo XT and hardwire it to the moto like it's intended to be.

• There is some information about what Collection Manager is supposed to do at GPSrChive > Montana 7x0, however our experience thus far has been that using Explore Collections creates far more problems than it solves.

• Thank you so much for an amazing resource!

I did not figure out what the issues were when trying to Sync All (nor, most likely, will I try).

I did discover that for some reason, it did not like my network connection at work.  When I got home, the chosen collections did sync with the 700i.  I was able to see/interact with the wanted waypoints and tracks, including navigating and reversing them.

This has been enough (for now) to not put it in its box and return it.  Though it did lock up on me once while navigating and InReach Live Tracking at the same time (and I lost part of Sunday's ride).

I think the Zumo XT (and a separate IR device) is a much better device for traveling, whereas the 700i works better for me once I'm off-pavement with my own created tracks.

Thank you for your time.