Trouble sending message notification days after sending message?

Hello!

I tried testing out my InReach Mini 2 by sending a few messages from my InReach messenger app, which went through successfully. In the following days when I turned on my InReach Mini 2 I heard a noise and was shown a "Trouble sending message ensure that the device has a clear view of the sky" notification. This has continued for several weeks and appears to be draining the battery. If it's important, I apparently hadn't validated my phone number prior to sending the messages and according to the people I sent the messages to, they were received from unrecognized phone numbers. I have since validated my phone number in the messenger app. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and if they were able to solve it? I am just trying to resolve the issue before my hunting trip in October.

Thanks!

• If you take the device outside and give it an open view of the sky, it should be able to send whatever pending message or tracking point may exist. Please allow up to 20 minute for this. If the issue persists after allowing ample time with an open view of the sky, we would recommend resetting the device. Instructions for doing this can be found here: Full Reset of the inReach Mini 2

• In addition, be aware that the messages sent via the Messenger app may have gone via your cellular data connection. Then the device tried again. Documentation, KB articles, etc. notwithstanding, NOBODY can understand how a Messenger-app-enabled device REALLY transmits (or receives) messages. It's just too complicated to keep in your head.

• Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I took the device outside today and walked around for 30+ minutes. The device did not make any noise or show anything on the screen for the duration of the walk. About an hour after I got home from the walk it made a noise and showed the same "trouble sending" message. I then followed the instructions provided to factory reset the device and re-pair it with my phone in the Garmin Messenger app. About 2 hours after doing this, it made a noise and showed the same "trouble sending" message. This is after re-adding all of my contacts, so I am unsure why this continues to happen.