For Android and windows 10 world: I cannot find a way to remove contacts with padlocks on the Mini 2.

They are coming from my Google contacts list; apparently they are others who have inreach devices, and Garmin adds them to my Inreach min 2 automatically. I removed the two offending contacts from my Google Contacts and sync'd; the two offenders are still there on the handheld device. They are not listed in the Android Messenger app or the Garmin Explore app, or on the desktop version. How do I delete these two contacts?

• There are numerous threads about this, although not all in the Mini 2 forum. I don't remember the details, or I would repost here. Search the forums to see if anybody had a good solution.

• We are investigating reports of issues related to locked contacts in the Messenger app. Many times, locked contacts can be removed by deleting the automatically generated message from the inbox  for the specific user – "[Name] is on Garmin Messenger..."

If you still have unwanted locked contacts you cannot otherwise get rid of, please contact Product Support and provide the following details to give us more context and we are happy to investigate:

• How were the locked contacts initially added? (i. e. in the Messenger app, in the Explore app, Explore website, imported from system contacts?) 
    • Are you unable to edit or delete all contacts or only certain contacts?
    • Where do the locked contacts appear? (i. e. on the inReach device, in the Messenger app, on the Explore website, etc.)
    • Does deleting the "[Name] is on Garmin Messenger" message in the inbox also delete the locked contact?
    • Does unpairing the inReach, factory resetting it, then pairing it back to Messenger app delete the locked contacts?
    • Are the locked contacts also Messenger app users?