How to send a text from my iphone when out of cell service.

Messenger will not open up when out of cell range. Instead I get a message “messenger could not initialize because there is no cell service”. So how do I send text messages from my I-phone when out of cell range? 

• I assume bt is enabled/ messenger via messenger app connected? The message should be send via satellite, if your out of cell range.

• The Messenger app will not load because there is no internet. How do I get the Messenger Application to load when there is no cell service? 

• When you say "load", do you mean "run something which is already installed" or "install the app"? You should install the Messenger app and register the phone number while you have Internet access.

There must be some detail that is not apparent here. What you are attempting should not be a problem.

Reminder - although it is painful, you CAN send the message directly from the device.

• Thanks, On my next trip I was able to text via messenger. I did not get the error message that there was no internet. Not sure what it was but it is possible that my phone had become un-paired. Also I loaded Messenger while in internet range and left it in the background. 
    Yes, it is painful to send a text from the device, I think I would succumb to hyperthermia first.