How long should the M2 take to charge? Mine went from 14% to 72% in 6 hours! Part 2

I don't know what's wrong with this site, when I try to reply it takes me back to home page, again and again, so I've started a second page following on from Edvard's last reply.

Edvard: many thanks for that info, it's clear to me and should be to all who find themselves with apparent battery issues that inside a house and especially one within a city is going to make it hard to receive satellite signal, even in my case, with the M2 up against a window.

The impact on battery life is MASSIVE in these cases, as you reported Edvard, 75% overnight. Hitherto, I'd not managed to get an acurate handle on battery usage in these circumstances, just "it will impact battery life because of constant searches for staellites" as many reddit users are saying.

On the emergencyhikingbeacon channel, I posted a comment last night referring to the apparent problem. Rick kindly suggested that I put it into GNSS mode and repeat the test (I'm looking to achieve a 7% loss of battery in a day)

However, despite the fact that GNSS mode uses slightly more battery power than GPS alone, the fact that here in Europe, GNSS mode is more likely to get a satellite fix might make the difference to battery consumption.

The test with no tracking, but unit on with low brightness, 15 second timeout, just sitting there in the window was started at 09:15 this morning at 97%

I shall post back findings once 24 hours has elapsed.