Inreach Mini 2 compass calibration

My compass calibrates easily and repeatably.   Unfortunately, it is consistently off about 35 degrees from the correct reading taken from my Silva orienteering compass and checked against landmarks located via mapping software.   Is there any way to manually add an offset to get the correct values displayed?    I know I shouldn't expect much from an electronic compass,  but 35 degrees seems outside of reasonable expectations.

• I am using True North for all methods, magnetic declination is not part of the 35 degree error.

• No way that I know of. This is almost certainly the result of faulty calibration. Not necessarily your fault.

If you used the "fly it in a figure 8" method of calibration, try the following instead. Place the unit flat on the palm of your hand. Rotate it 360 degrees on your palm. Pick it up, rotate it 360 degrees end over end. Change your grip, rotate it 360 degrees side to side. Wash, rinse, repeat until calibration succeeds. (The point of both techniques is to rotate the device 360 degrees around each axis, repeatedly if necessary).

I believe that the accelerometer must also be working for compass calibration to be accurate. I don't believe the accelerometer requires calibration. 

Just out of curiosity, what IS the declination in your area?

If you can't get it calibrated correctly, you might do a hard reset and try again. This is a big hammer. You will lose all user data on the device. You will have to repeat the outdoor portion of activation.

If all else fails, open a support ticket. In my experience, the compass ought to be within a few degrees of accurate when calibrated. Likely not as good as the Silva, though :-D

• I did the hard reset and am within 3-4 degrees now.   Declination is about 11 degrees west here.   Thanks.