(Another) new user question about tracking

I just want to verify that I understand what I'm doing/getting under the Safety plan...

1. If I turn Tracking on and set the Send Interval to Off, then my location is not uploaded via the Iridium network (and thus there are no associated charges). But the data from this tracking is stored for personal use later on (such as downloading a GPX of my route).

2. If I turn Tracking on and set the Send Interval to 10 minutes, then I would generate about $0.60/hour of usage fees under the Safety plan?

3. If I then send a preset message stating I'm starting, checking in, etc., the people on my list will get my location via the Mapshare link (provided I have that set correctly). And I can send as many of these "checking in" messages as I want without charge.

4. If I turn Auto Tracking on, the device will basically keep track of my movements as long as the device is on. The downside of this I assume would be that it would kill the battery faster and mess up my GPX route (if I were to say turn the device on before I drove to a trailhead)?

My plan is probably to upgrade to the Recreation plan for active (10-min interval) tracking all the time. I currently use AllTrails for this and it's really nice that it updates much faster than the InReach (friends say they can actually see me moving on the map) and there is no cost (above the $30 annual subscription). However, it simply can't communicate in the dead zones I run into periodically.

Thanks very much.

John