Message notifications, phone app or zumo xt

Say, just got the mini2 the other day. Primary use is on a motorcycle.  I have it connected to my phone with explore and also a Garmin zumo xt for the remote control. I was testing it, and received a message on the mini2 from my wife. The phone app and the zumo xt gps , neither gave any notification of the new message. Am I missing something here? On the gps I was able to go to the inreach and see it had a new message.. I would have thought the xtmight have had a notification similar to others it does, but nope. I listen to music on  phone,  also phone notification pops up on the gps, but the explore application doesn't seem to give a notification either.

Am I missing something?? Or is it just how it is? 

Primarily use the mini2 for mapshare with family. Do I need to save the track when I stop tracking? Will map share still have the data if sent every 10 minutes?  Any other settings to tweak or change? I set the 3 preset messages,  that's about it so far

Hope these questions make sense. Thanks so very much for your time 

(Does anyone know how to change a screen name?. Not sure why it's all numbers,  lol )

• I don't know about new message notifications via the Explore app. They SHOULD show up on the remote control device, but I have no experience the Zumo as a remote control. In my limited experience using a fenix 5X+ as a remote control. the ANT+ connection is weak. It is very easy to get "out of range" - even when the watch is on my wrist and the iR device is in my fanny pack. Not saying this is in any way the cause of your issue, but something to check.

MapShare should get sent track points (at 10 minute intervals, or whatever you set on the device) in more or less real time. This does not depend in any way on saving the "logged" points (aka the "activity"). You need not save it at all. But if you want the more detailed tracks to show up on the web site, you do need to sync it. The activity does not leave the device until you sync.

• Numeric IDs are automatically assigned when you create an account.

To change the screen name, go to your profile, then click the Edit Profile button in the right sidebar. At that point, the screen name box in the blue bar at the top of the page (right next to your dummy profile picture) is unprotected. Change to your desired screen name and save the profile.

I assume that the forums check to be sure your selected screen name is unique. Your post history is not (AFAIK) tied to the screen name itself. Tied to some internal unique identifier. So your prior posts remain yours. Can't remember if the screen name on existing posts changes when they are viewed.

You can also change your profile picture. When the profile is in edit mode, there is a "Change" button superimposed on the current picture (or placeholder) in that blue bar at the top. Click there and follow the instructions to change the picture.

• Hello, I would recommend making sure you have notification settings set correctly for both the explore app, your phone, and the device. They all will have different settings you could look at. Smart Notifications on an Automotive Device, On your phone make sure you have notification settings turned on for the explore mobile app. Make sure you have the mini 2 paired correctly Pairing an inReach Mini 2 With a Phone or Tablet

For tracking, the send interval automatically saves to your mapshare page but if  you are doing an activity, when you stop tracking it will ask you to save or discard. 

As for the screen name are you referring to in the explore mobile app or the website or mapshare? Where are you looking? 

• Ok got my name sorted... I think I saw a pop up of the new message on my zumo xt, so that's good.if the bike gps is on

On my phone, I do not get notifications of messages though notifications are enabled for the app on the phone.not sure what I'm missing.  Android 12 samsung s22u