Is there any way to synchronize the track and not only when we finish it?

I have the Mini 2 for a few days. I've read a lot but I don't see if it's possible that the track traveled will be synchronized so that someone can see it on explore.garmin.com (giving them my username/password).

I know that it can be done by sending points via satellite, but I want to do it via "free" even with the limitation that it requires terrestrial coverage.

I see that it does sync at the end of the registration, but it would be great if it could be synced live.

I understand that it cannot be done via share.garmin.com either, unless it is also synchronizing a collection published on Mapshare at the end. :)

• In the Explore app, some devices (wearables, for sure) have a "sync current activity" setting. I do not see that for the 66i. You might look for it on your end just to be sure. (My setup is odd - the 66i is a guest device on the explore account to which it is attached.

Edited to add: Sync Current Activity DOES show up if the 66i is not a guest device. So, you should try this. I have not tried it. I have no idea if it does what you want.

I don't know why I thought the question was about the 66i. Not enough coffee, I guess. Anyhow, try this for the M2 as well.

• Thanks for the comment :). I had the "synchronize current activity" option enabled, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I've been doing tests. I remember that I have deactivated the satellite sending and I am referring to the GNSS data collection and the synchronization by bluetooth and then the synchronization of the elements via land coverage.

What I have seen so far is that:

- With the Explore app of the mobile that is connected by bluetooth to the inreach, it is synchronized (I have the synchronization in the background activated, although it can be forced manually) and YES it instantly shows the current track (it is not necessary to end the track).

- With the Explore app of another mobile that I have logged in with my same account, it does NOT show that current track activated tracking. It only shows it to me when I finish and save the follow-up in the Inreach (I have tried this on 2 mobiles, all with the same account). It's a pity, it would be very interesting if it synchronized in the cloud simultaneously to see a live route (without using the sending of points to the satellite, but using the terrestrial network)

- The route does not appear on the explore.garmin.com/xxxxxxxxxxx website until we finish tracking and save it

This is what I have discovered so far. Very happy with the purchase in any case because the multi-GNSS works like a charm (even placed at the bottom of the backpack and in urban canyons) and the satellite coverage is incredible in the same conditions.

• That's pretty much what I would have expected. I believe that the "sync current activity" setting applies to the directly connected mobile device running the Explore app. In order to appear anywhere else, the Explore app would have to sync it tp the Garmin servers (the explore.garmin.com web site). I don't think it does that.

• I've been doing more tests and yes, it does sync the activity (the track line) to explore.garmin.com when you finish tracking and save it (we are talking all the time about terrestrial cellular connection, logically).

And I have discovered that it also syncs the activity with share.garmin.com if you finish and save the activity (as before) and also add it to a Collection that you have previously created and activated to be shown on MapShare (I have only managed to do this from explore.garmin.com and not from the Explore app)

PS: the mess that Garmin has with all these systems, names (activities, routes, routes, tracks, collections,...) is impressive (bad). A horror. I'm a technology lover, I've been using Garmin devices since I had my first Garmin 12 (then I have had eTrex..., I have given many courses on mountain routes with GPS,...) a lot of of years ago, I'm a programmer, a web designer,... and it's amazing how complicated they make things (they lose a lot of customers out there). Garmin: simply is best ;)

• Couldn't agree more with this!! I am fairly technical, but I can't seem to figure out how to make Explore work for me, beyond syncing. I'm glad we don't have to use Earthmate anymore with the Mini 2 but Explore is still a mess.

• What i meant was that it does not sync to the web "on the fly" - only when the activity is finished.

• Indeed @twolpert, you are right. Seems that it does not synchronize during the follow-up, but only when it is finished > it is recorded > it is synchronized with the Explore app the activity. Then, if it is also included in a collection that is shared on MapShare, it can also be displayed on that page.

It was written here. What I don't understand is why they have removed that interesting function that the M1 had and it is no longer available in the M2. I don't see the point.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=evV7F5dyBJ3ghypusS3OQ9&productID=765374&searchQuery=memory&tab=topics

• I am not sure that the circled item is the same as what you are asking about. Older iR devices sent "navigation events" via satellite. Newer devices (and, quite possibly, older devices with updated f/w) do not. I think that both of the "red X" items in the M2 column are related to "navigation events" Note the use of the words route/course in the description. I don't think this item has anything to do with whether or not the partial activity (the "logged points") make it to MapShare for an activity which is still in progress.

I have no idea why the "navigation event" functionality was removed. Best guess is that Garmin was trying to minimize satellite traffic. Especially traffic like this for which they did not charge a fee. But that's only a guess.

• Ah, well now that you mention it, it is very possible that you are right and that it does not refer to the monitoring of the current activity.

BTW: "navigation events" is a new term I didn't know for Garmin's endless and incredible list of items Disappointed

• I just discovered that turning on the "Sync Selection" option (from the Explore app: Devices > Device Information > Sync Settings) and selecting a collection that we have set to sync to MapShare, instead of "Sync All", is enough with finish and save the track to automatically sync and see the track on MapShare.

It is one step less than before.

Garmin:

- It doesn't make much sense that "Sync All" does less than "Sync Selection", but hey, it's "Garmin" fuzzy logic.

- The organization of the options, menus,... in the Explore app is incredibly confusing, lacks usability and I'm a technological person. Suffice it as a small example the "Account" option: it has separate options for "Privacy Policy" and "Data and privacy" .. in addition to "Information about the application", "Licenses" ... Garmin: that puts it all together and It is unified so as not to complicate the existence of customers, because they seem like options and many are simple information. Simple is better ;)