To many redirects error when sharing location

Hello,

I've just purchased a new Garmin InReach Messanger.  I've install the app on my iPhone and it appear to be working EXCEPT for location sharing.   When I or any other person attempts to access the link for sharing my location a "too many redirects" error occurs.  I've tried deleting all my cookies and updated the software on the device to the latest, all to no avail.

It's unclear to be if this is an official support forum.  If it is I need help resolving this issue.  If it's not could someone redirect me official support.

Thank You

-Mark McGann

• Nope, not an official support channel. Sometimes Garmin employees, for example , will respond. For best support, open a support ticket. If given the option, use chat or phone in preference to email.

"Too many redirects" is constant problem in the Garmin ecosystem. Can't say I've ever seen it in this context, but it's everywhere else, so...

• Hello, I am sorry to hear you are getting that error. I would make sure you have mapshare setup correctly first Setting Up MapShare for an inReach Messenger. After setting it up please try again and if you are still getting the error please try a private browser window Clear the Browser History, Cache, Temporary Internet Files, or Open a Private Window on a Desktop or Laptop Computer. If that still doesn't work please let me know. 

• Hi Leslie,

So I've attempted to follow the instructions at the link in your messages Setting Up MapShare for an inReach Messenger.  

The first step on that page is titled "Enabling Your MapShare Page" with the following steps

--------------------------------------------

Follow the instructions below to turn on your MapShare page from the Garmin MessengerTm app (when mobile data or Wi-Fi is available). You can also access this setting by logging in to your account at the Garmin ExploreTm website, then select the Social tab.

1. Open the Garmin Messenger app.

2. Select the profile icon or   in the top left.

3. Select MapShare.

4. Select MapShare: Off. You will then be prompted to consent to the use of MapShare.
      If you see MapShare: On, no action is needed as MapShare is already on.

-------------------------------------------------

When I get to step #3 in this process from within the Messenger app I do not see an option to turn MapShape on or off. Instead the app opens a web page and the follow happens

• The first page asks me to sign in or create an account
    • Clicking 'Sign In' I'm asked for my name&password
    • After entering my name and password taken to a page that asks for my IMEI number and authorization code.
    • After entering my IMEI number and authorization code I'm  told the device is already activated and I can take no other action on the page

I tried resetting my password at the sign in page.  I was able to reset it, but it didn't change any of the behavior after.

I'll also note that I already went through the process of entering my IMEI number and authorization code and setup payment for a subscription.  After doing so I got a "Thanks for Activating Your inReach Messenger" e-mail from garmin that contains a link for managing my subscription.  Following that link also leads me to the same page asking for my IMEI and authorization code, with the same result that I'm told the device is activated and no other options after that.

• I am going to send you a private message so I can gather more private data and information regarding this issue. It sounds like it could be a sign in/account issue as well as a pairing issue. 

• Hi Leslie,

You can reach me at the address I use for the Garmin account, ****.

Thank You

Mark

**Moderated to remove personal information. I would recommend not displaying your personal information in a public forum. I have gathered the information needed in a private message.