Switching from inReach Mini 1 to Messenger: does it make sense to upgrade or not?

Hi everyone, I've had an inReach Mini purchased in 2018 and I was thinking of upgrading it in favor of the Messenger.

The reasons I would like to do this are for longer battery life and to be able to acquire the signal faster. The navigation features aren't important to me since I already own a Fenix ​​7X and have maps on my phone anyway.

I also have some questions:

1) How long does the Messenger usually take to acquire the signal? The first inReach usually takes less than a few minutes connecting only to the GPS network, but at least 1-2 minutes to send and receive a message. Sometimes even more. It can hardly be faster.

2) Would it make sense to update it if my only purpose is to communicate when there is no line, or can I easily stay with my inReach Mini?

I am a person who goes hiking in the mountains at least twice a week, with an average of 15km and at least 1,000 meters of altitude difference. Having a communicator is therefore very important for me, especially because in 90% of cases I go alone.

Waiting for your response to my questions, thank you in advance.

• The Messenger has a MUCH superior antenna system (superior to all other iR devices, not just the M1 which is somewhat poor at acquiring). You will see much improved GPS and iR performance with Messenger. Makes no difference for your use case, but Messenger also has much better battery life. Neither device has a usable UI - you will compose messages on a paired phone.