Msg from share twice?

Have the ecent FW 3.51

when I send a msg from mapshare website, with no phone connected, I am getting 2 messages, one is from 'unknow' and the other from the correct sender.

I thought this 'unknown' Bug in Garmin communication was cleared some time ago.

Or is it still present ?

• I'm not entirely sure the bug is exactly what you described. There is some protocol involved in "resolving" addresses which initially come in as :"unknown". I no longer recall WHY they come in that way to start with. If everything is working correctly, the ORIGINAL "unknown" message should be updated with the corrected sender address. It should not result in two messages.

• Hello  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by you send it from mapshare with no phone connected. Do you mean you do not have an active inreach device? When you send the message from mapshare where would you be expecting it to go if you do not have an inreach device associated? 

• Messenger device, running, active. Phone not connected, is off.

Sending msg from Mapshare I expect the msg arriving at the Messenger device. I expect it to arrive there once and with the correct from name/phone or what ever

I do not expect th emessage to arrive at the Messenger device being from: unknown and few minutes later arriving the same message again, this time with the correct sender indicated.

This 'unknown' was a problem earlier. I remember the support had to clear something for each individual acc then. That  time it was with 66i and was supposed to be cleared later.

So my understanding was, that this was some issue on the server in fact, and was mainly an issue when a message was sent from a sender who was not somehow known to the garmin.