delete contcats from messenger?

I am just trying to remove contacts from the messenger. Simply the device goes on mission and previous contacts should be removed. I have removed them on the explore website, this is the place they were created.

I assumed, that when the app is in contcat with server, it will be synched as any other inreach device.

No nothing like that. Th acontacts are still present on the device and in the messenger app (probably getting them from the device) and can not be removed here as well.

Is this some kind of one way only?

• This sounds like a bug. Or not. It MIGHT be that this is like messages - to really get rid of them, you have to delete them on BOTH ends. Otherwise the sync just puts them back.

Open a support ticket.

• Hello  What app version are you currently running for the messenger app (Settings > App Info > App Version)? Are you on an iPhone or Android? Please make sure the app itself is updated. There should be a delete icon or delete option within editing the contact in the app itself. 

• sorry have not been here for some time...

the problem ist not a real one

in fact, it is a function of subgroup management I was many times asking via support etc.

It simply creates contacts from members of a group automatically as it was standard years ago.

While it still does not work for other devices in the same group, it now works with messenger. So please do not 'repair' it.

I will be here in few weeks again and will explain all.

Twolpert: it has someting to do only with prof acc

• I appreciate the response. However, it doesn't seem to be just a professional account issue. We are seeing it in the app itself with certain phones, whether on a personal or professional account. We are currently investigating the issue.

• on my side, this is only happening when messenger is in a group. It automatically takes the 'devices this device sees' and builds contctacts from it. When device is removed from the group, the contacts disaapear too from the device.

This is a feature I was asking for many times, as this did work this way years ago and was 'lost' during last years.

For my operation, it is now feature not a bug

• I found this thread because I was having similar problems. I believe that I gave messenger permission to look through my contacts and add ones with inreach addresses. This created contacts in messenger that I cannot delete without deletng them from my contacts list on the phone. Deleting them from the phone list immediately deletes them from messenger. I just removed Messenger's permission to access my contacts and all of them went away. If I manually add contacts they can be edited and deleted.

• yes, the messenger behaves kind of different to other IR devices, I did not so far test 66i with messenger app.

All to do with messenger an dit app does make too many assumption for the user, sometimes simply too much.